No fire whatsoever after checking misfire

Mdel93

96 civic had at least one cylinder misfiring so father had the car running and unplugged spark plug wire number one, wasn't the issue, replace number one wire (car still running), unplugs wire number two, not the issue, replaced wire number two (car shuts off), try to restart with nothing happening, check for fire and there is nothing coming from anywhere and car will not start.. I'm sure I probably missed a topic about this issue or similar issue, any advice or some guidance to the right thread would be greatly appreciated. Thank so so much.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I assume engine cranks, but no start at this point. If there is no spark from any spark plug. I would have the ignition control module checked. This component is in side the distributor and can be removed and checked at any local auto parts store. Oreillys, Advance, etc.

Remember, fuel, spark and air are the 3 basic components. Verify those, then check ignition and engine timing.

Mdel93

I assume engine cranks, but no start at this point. If there is no spark from any spark plug. I would have the ignition control module checked. This component is in side the distributor and can be removed and checked at any local auto parts store. Oreillys, Advance, etc.

Remember, fuel, spark and air are the 3 basic components. Verify those, then check ignition and engine timing.
Thank you. Will start on this little project again soon and try to update the results.