No ignition or dash lights

vep

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey all I was installing some fog lights and the acc wire touched a bolt on the ignition barrel now I have no ignition been through fuses the lot any ideas thanks

vep

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I will keep trying them does anyone know what specific fuse it could be

vep

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I ran a hot from the battery to the ignition switch with a 20 amp inline fuse fixed the problem for 2 weeks.
Now new problem no start no clicks to the starter and a code P1359 manufacturer control.
Changed starters main relay and computer still the same fuel pump stays priming and no start.
Only way to start the car is to pop the clutch.
Got me puzzled any ideas guys thanks.

vep

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Update the white and black wire under the fuse box was shorted out also the top button on the clutch pedal fell out going to check more wires when I get back and try and start the car. Hope it is the fix

Glocky

Your lights need 12 volts to illuminate, if you have already checked all the fuses, it's possible that the relay was fried when you arched the wire. it is also possible the wire that arched could have gotten burnt and ruined part of and all of the wire. Check to see if the wire is spliced, if it is, possible the splice could be compromised if they share the same wires.