no oil, white smoke, problem?

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so my sisters 97 4door has an oil leak, and she never checked the oil, theres was no oil in the car for some time, and i went to look at it, and changed the oil, and theres a grip load of white smoke coming out the exhaust, piston rings gone bad?

2000sicivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think that white means that headgasket or something along that line

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so my sisters 97 4door has an oil leak, and she never checked the oil, theres was no oil in the car for some time, and i went to look at it, and changed the oil, and theres a grip load of white smoke coming out the exhaust, piston rings gone bad?
prolly headgasket. FIll your antifreeze, and run the car. if you see airbubbles comming up in the resivior, your know is a broken headgasket

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
or you could just fill the cooling system with antifreeze....start the car and take off the radiator cap...if it is blowing smoke from it...headgasket

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its probably piston rings. if it was headgasket your oil and coolant would be contaminated most likely

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it is white, not blue, not black, and im not losing antifreeze, and only a little oil..

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rings probably. check your oil now, no coolant in it? rings are my guess.

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
there was pretty much no oil left in it..my sis never took care of it.. so im just looking for another engine for it now