No Power to fuel pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonJ

Banned
Are you looking for real help or do you want to Mickey Mouse your car wires?

If you want to fix the problem and make your car work like Honda intended, then I can help you.

If you want to jury rig your car, I'll move on because you don't need my help for that.

RonJ

Banned
Nothing. grounding both of those turned on the injectors.
Grounding A7 or A8 should make the fuel pump run, not make the injectors spray. Reread my instructions and make sure you are grounding the correct wires and following my instructions exactly.

DSargent09

Followed your instructions and the fuel pump did not turn on, but I did hear a small click of some kind. Didn't have time to check the plugs due to family obligations, but I will test that first thing tomorrow.

RonJ

Banned
Followed your instructions and the fuel pump did not turn on, but I did hear a small click of some kind.
Was the key in ON(II) when you did the A7/A8 test?

Did you verify that A7 and A8 are pinned to a Grn/Yel wire?

If so, repeat the 1-7 and 5-7 jump tests on the main relay connector. Does the fuel pump still run for both tests?

http://www.phearable.net/tech/wiring/obd1.pin.schematics.gif

I replaced the relay, and still have the same problem. No power to the fuel pump.
Did you install a brand new main relay or a used one?

Attachments

DSargent09

I let the car sit for 3 weeks. I went out to begin troubleshooting this problem again for you and now when I turn the key over the car loses all power. The battery is good. Fuel pump still doesnt turn on unless you jump 1 to 7 or 5 to 7. It turns on for both of those.

Turn the key to start it and poof all power is gone.I see your in Houston. Ever thought about charging for your services? I will pay you to come trouble shoot this and tell me what I need to replace.

Found grounding issue causing the loss of power. Still having issue with fuel pump turning on.
1-7 and 5-7 both power the fuel pump.
Grounding a7 and a8 both power the fuel pump. Sorry first time I performed this test I must not have had a good ground (With key on)

Last edited by a moderator:

DSargent09

Got tired of waiting on you to respond so I replaced it. It fixed the problem, but I think I may have had 2 problems.

I was going down the road, and I was jumping 1 to 7 to make it run until the new computer came in. Once the car warmed up, and I was going up a large bridge (Fred Hartman) it died. It wouldnt start back up. I let it sit for about 5 minutes, and it fired back up. It died on me one more time during that trip. Same story waited 5 minutes and it fired back up.

I parked it until the ECU came in, and have since drove it about 70 miles, but am afraid I still have a problem. Once the car warms up it throws a CEL, but when you turn the car off and back on it goes away. I also replaced the fuel pump at the same time I did the ECU just because it was cheap insurance.

It hasnt died on me since I replaced the ECU, but I am hoping you can shed some light on why it did that, and if its good to drive again.

The car has an exhaust leak, and I think that maybe that CEL could be related to that..

RonJ

Banned
Lost track of your thread, but glad you figured out the main problem.

Once the car warms up it throws a CEL, but when you turn the car off and back on it goes away.
When the CEL turns on and stays on steady, pull over and leave the engine running while you jump the service connector.

The car has an exhaust leak, and I think that maybe that CEL could be related to that..
Where is the exhaust leak relative to the O2 sensor?

DSargent09

Havent climbed under the car to look at it, but the old mufflers are all rusted out. I purchased this to be my daily beater but am trying to get it up to par before putting it in service.

I am going to go drive it right now until the CEL comes back on. I was under the impression that you had to turn the car off to pull codes.

Any suggestions for a full exhaust system? I have seen some on ebay for $100 which isnt bad. Ill update with codes in an hour or so.

Alright here is what it is doing. Also it doesn't throw the CEL until you get up to at least 60mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR2cL54XPGI

Ignore the other videos on my page lol...

Last edited by a moderator:

DSargent09

Alright, thats what I found when I pulled code 1 a few minutes ago, I just wasnt sure if it was working right.

Car also hesitates and feels like it wont want to go then will jump like it found new power. Its hard to explain, and doesnt do it all the time. Clearly the CEL has nothing to do with why the car died that day...

DSargent09

Nope. It seems completely random, but usually lower in the rpms. Does it a lot when I first start it up. If higher in the rpms it seems to not do it. Some times it only does it in first gear when I first begin driving it. After the initial acceleration leaving the house it wont do it again. Other times it will do it more often. Jerks so bad sometimes when cold that it will actually chirp the tires lol....

DSargent09

Again, any suggestions on what exhaust I should go with or where to purchase it. Maybe a forum vendor instead of throwing money to China? I will also order new o2 tonight.

RonJ

Banned
Again, any suggestions on what exhaust I should go with or where to purchase it. Maybe a forum vendor instead of throwing money to China? I will also order new o2 tonight.
Personally, I'm an OEM exhaust person because I have stock Civics. This probably doesn't help you.

DSargent09

This is my beater with a heater. I have no intentions of modding this 100hp car was just thinking maybe there was a vendor on here I could help support in order to give a little money back to a forum that is providing me with solid help.

I'll update this again once new exhaust and o2 sensors are installed.

RonJ

Banned
was just thinking maybe there was a vendor on here I could help support in order to give a little money back to a forum that is providing me with solid help.
Not sure. Maybe somebody else can chime in.

Do you just need a muffler? If so, compare eBay brands/prices to those that you find at local auto parts stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.