no spark in my mini me

skribs89si

pissin on authority
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I just picked up a 95 hatch and its got a mini me with a d15b7 block and a z6 head. the kid i got it from said it wasnt getting spark so when i got it in the garage i pulled the plug wires off the distributor cap and they were corroded to s**t. I went to the parts store and told the guy what I had and what I needed and got the wires and cap for a b7 but it still wont fire. I checked with a test light and I have power to the distributor but no spark. do I need plug wires for the Z6 and would that make it not spark?

Noodler

I wear socks
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wires should not give you no spark. You should check your ICM if it's been shorted.

skribs89si

pissin on authority
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so if I've got power going in but nothing coming out is there any other components aside from the ICM that could be causing my problem?

Reyesadrian425

so if I've got power going in but nothing coming out is there any other components aside from the ICM that could be causing my problem?
i would test the icm and also check to the wires going to the icm are located in the right place.
use this link for steps.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
have you checked the plugs?

skribs89si

pissin on authority
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looks like I'm swoopin a dizzy tomorrow!

skribs89si

pissin on authority
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
scratch that just picked it up so we'll know soon...

skribs89si

pissin on authority
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no go, now my entire ignition system has been replaced and I confirmed power to the dizzy so I'm left clueless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Have you checked for codes? Test the CKP and CMP sensors...

skribs89si

pissin on authority
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The dash in this car has been swapped out for a DC teg dash and I cant even find the OBD port. This things got me to the point where I want to rip out the whole harness and trace every wire.