Noise coming from rear wheel

oa191523

I need some advise. My 2018 civic ex is making this grinding/screeching noise when I drive. It will come and go. I have 42000 miles roughly. I took the wheel off to see if there was something touching the disk and nothing. I blew out the dust and even pushed the back plate some thinking it might be touching against the disc. After all that it is still doing it. Oh and the brake pads are still meaty. Anyone have similar experience. Thanks Oscar.

oa191523

Took it to the dealer since I had extended warranty. After diagnosing it. The caliper malfunctioned and caused the brake pad to wear down on the inside or behind the disc. According to dealer only 2018 accords were having this problem. But I asked the service manager if the part was manufactured by same place would it then make sense that the civic would also become problematic? He said no, but I call bull. Get it checked out asap.

CDFabrication

yeah i hate going to the dealer. I always feel like they play the idk game always trying to up sale you then when they find out you got that warranty they want to hurry up and get rid of you.

oa191523

Yeah, you are absolutely right. I had to pay for new (discs) and pads since those were not covered under extended warranty. I feel your pain.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This type of stuff is disappointing to see with relatively new and lower mileage cars.