Noise from master cylinder??

pick-n-ride

5+ Year Member
Ok, it only happens when i'm braking a bit ( the pedal isnt to the floor), theres a weird noise coming from the master cylinder or around it... I'm not an expert at all but I want to figure out what is it!? When my brakes are ''hot'', the noise disapears... I've never heard of this problem so one of you guys know what is the problem?? :???:

RonJ

Banned
Is the noise coming from the wheels or from the master cylinder on the firewall?

RonJ

Banned
Well, if the master cylinder is making noise, then replace it. Just make sure the noise is really coming from the master cylinder versus other components like the brake pedal.

Are the brakes spongy when pressed? Any functional problems with the brakes?

pick-n-ride

5+ Year Member
No, everything seems ok. I guess it's because of the cold weather but I don't know why there's this noise!

pick-n-ride

5+ Year Member
Maybe!! I mean its around there I can't be sure of where it's coming because its only happening when I drive...

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not to threadjack but I have a noise as well. Its a squeek and it is especially bad when its wet sounds like its coming from the wheels

RonJ

Banned
not to threadjack but I have a noise as well. Its a squeek and it is especially bad when its wet sounds like its coming from the wheels
If your brake pads are worn, then you may be hearing the brake pad wear indicator that produces a metal-on-metal squeaking noise. The fix is to replace the pads.

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If your brake pads are worn, then you may be hearing the brake pad wear indicator that produces a metal-on-metal squeaking noise. The fix is to replace the pads.
pads are nowhere near worn. any other ideas?

psgold1

I just dealt with what I think is the exact same problem. I suspected it was the master cylinder piston catching near the end of its travel so I removed the two bolts holding it to the brake booster, pulled it away from the brake booster and put some lithium grease on the piston, put it back together and that solved the problem.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Blast from the past! :lol:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How the hell are you posting in here? This section has been closed for years. Justin must have left the door unlocked when he did the update.

Also says right in the title of the section "NO POSTING". LOL.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oh s**t you're right :rolf: