Noob From Australia (EF9 SiR-II 'LE')

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleEF9

5+ Year Member
Gday Guys,

Im new here. My name is Kyle and I am from down under in Australia. Recently I bought my latest car. Its a 1989 JDM Honda Civic EF9 SiR-II 'Limited Edition'. It's different from regular SiR-II's where as it keeps all the performence features such as factory LSD ect, but doesn't have weight adding creature comforts such as Sunroof which add wieght and reduce chassis strength.
Apparently this model was produced for the "civic one make series" racing class in Japan. Which is a support class for the JGTCC, where there are strict rules on car modifications and they generally are raced as they come out of the factory, such reasons why this comes standard with all the good s**t.

I friend of mine Imported it from Japan 1yr ago, but sold it recently to me, not going to modify her just yet, but below is a list of mods that came with the car.

White JDM EF9 SiR-2 LE
- Factory 160ps B16a
- Factory LSD
- Factory ABS
- Factory 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
- Factory Climate Control
- Recaro Drivers Seat
- K&N Intake Pod, Since replaced with OEM EF9 Airbox with Jamex drop in filter
- RSR* 4-2-1 Header
- 2.5" Mandrel Bent Stainless Steel exhaust, Since replaced with Oem EF9 Exhaust (Stealthness)
- Genuine Mugen CF-48 Rims
- ONLY 110000 KMS! Which is like 68000 US miles.

I recently took her down to our local motor plex and achieved a 14.77s 1/4mile time. Mods at the time were I/H/E and Full interior.

Below are some pictures of my girl! Hope you like her as much as I do!

FRONT

BACK

SIDE

VIN TAG

MUGEN RIMS

ENGINE BAY

CLIMATE CONTROL

TAILGATE

ALB LSD Sticker

CLUSTER

Future mods planned will be selling the CF's and sourcing some other period 1989 - 1991 Mugen rims in 15" instead of 14". Also will probably get some Tien Coilovers and replace my stolen window visors.

Thanks all.

Regards
-Kyle

DX raceR

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow this thing is f**king sick..nice pick up

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
finaly a real EF

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
finaly a real EF
Ive seen other people post with real EFs..

Looks nice! Keep it mint!

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
finaly a real EF
you can say that again, i really dont like those rims, but your car really pulls them off

KyleEF9

5+ Year Member
cheers for the nice comments guys, im glad you like it.

personally I actually hate the rims, I only have them because there black, JDM period and light as hell. I really wanna get some 15" and some low profiles tyres for it. Anything bigger than 15" is an overkill on an EF, 14" is ok, but there is still something about it thats just not quite right.

I have a video ill post of me at a local track day, on the skidpan.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rei said:
Ive seen other people post with real EFs..

Looks nice! Keep it mint!
so have i.

but search. 90% of the threads that say EF are EDs

KyleEF9

5+ Year Member
In this video, I still have the exhaust on, but no intake, bit of body roll because I only have stock suspension with Lowering Springs. But she handles very well. Couple of FF drifts in the wet, was a fun day. Also im using stock EJ8 Vti Rims, I think you guys call it an EX Coupe over hear? Anyway, Enjoy :D

Slept-n

The Walking Punchline ;-)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think a slam ans some lower profile tires will do that car some serious justice. . .

looks hella clean you lucky bastard :P enjoy the RHDness which i'm sure is nothing to you lol :thumbs up

Status
Not open for further replies.