noob Q: Header on Stock DX engine?

nissin67

Hatch-it!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have absolutely no clue on whether I should get a header or not and if headers are for stock engines.

I have an intake and exhaust and now contemplating the header.

Can someone tell me what does the header do with my intake and exhaust, and if I should get a header for my stock DX hatchback, and if yes, what brand headers are good,4-2-1, 4-1? DC-sports?

What about ebay no name headers? are they any good?

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
IMO its not worth it on that motor, You might get 1-2HP. DC is a good company (4-2-1 for midrange and 4-1 for high RPMS)
I personally wouldent get a EBAY header but theres people rocking them without a problem.

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for your dx...and for any motor....a header lets more exhaust out....your intake sucks more air in...which needs to be released...

DC Sports is a good brand...as is Edelbrock, Toda..but they are expensive...and your not really gonna need to spend all that money unless your going all out with your y7..

i would say...ebay it...save some $$...unless your hell bent on getting brand name...name brand or not...its gonna do the same thing...just might not last as long

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DC Sports is a good brand...as is Edelbrock, Toda..but they are expensive...and your not really gonna need to spend all that money unless your going all out with your y7..

i would say...ebay it...save some $$...unless your hell bent on getting brand name...name brand or not...its gonna do the same thing...just might not last as long

:werd:

Im rocking a Megan 4-2-1 header, and have been for over a year now, and not 1 problem with it at all. :thumbs up

Proto05

5+ Year Member
Dosent an aftermarket header eliminate the cat on your stock header? Would it make it any louder?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dosent an aftermarket header eliminate the cat on your stock header? Would it make it any louder?
Yea. It gives it that raspy sound at about 3000 RPMs or so. Just get either a o2 simulator, or do the non-fouler trick. Im using the non-foulers, and its working like a charm. Or, you could get a cat put in.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you're going turbo in the future, don't bother wasting money on a header. If you're planning on doing a swap, don't bother on wasting money on a header. If you're looking to just make your car look nice, don't bother wasting your money on a header. If you're trying to get a little more power out of your y7, don't bother wasting money on a header and save up for a swap or turbo. If you want to get a little power out of your y7 without a new motor or turbo, etc., then I guess you could go for an eBay header but would recommend a Megan Racing header at the least.