noob question/ civic virgin

jcrwzr01

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have some experience with coilovers. but coilovers on a corolla weren't what i thought they would be. what i pictured for my corolla was no fender gap in the front, but not too low (fenders just above the top of the tire) and for the rear, fenders over the tire. absoloutly no fender gap in the rear. but when i lowered the coils all the way down the front looked bad ass but it was too low. and the rear looked just like the way i wanted the front end to look like. the rear didn't look the way i wanted it to look.

now i just got this civic 2001 dx sedan. i plan on putting larger wheels on it prob 16 or 17 and i plan on installing coilovers. (not those 24 way adjustibles that cost $1000 and up) i just want those $200 kinds. i heard that those do well. what brand will lower the rear really low! fenders over the wheels.

the pic i attatched (if its there) is a bmw m3 with 19inch rims. look at the rear. is there anyone with 7th gen civic sedan experience and know if that look can be achieved? which brand will do the job?

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there's really only a couple brand that i would go with. one is ground control which many people on this board have and like, and the other would be skunk2 which i like personally. these will let you lower the car anyway you like it, as low or high you want.

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you're just looking to lower your car, then get the skunk2 coilovers..... they ride pretty soft, and don't bounce all too much. groundcontrol is good as well, but they're about $50 more......

if you want to get any performance value out of your car, you'll need to get shocks as well.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if you get cheap coil overs, they are gonna ride like crap, your gonna blow your stock struts, they are going to rust over and become locked up, and you are gonna have to spend a pile more money in a year or so redoing everything. get some good springs- ground control, skunk-2, tein, etc and some good shocks the first time around. yes its expensive, but its more expensive to cheap out the first time and then spend more money fixing the mistakes you made. do it right the first time or dont do it at all, you save money in the long run and you get a much better result.