noob question: Where is the vacuum line on a 05 civic lx? (pic inside)

sedna6

I'm trying to do my first Seafoam cleaning. I researched a bit of it, and my friend did it to my old car (Ford Focus) before so I saw the process... however I want to do it on my own and I hear that I should pour the Seafoam into the vacuum line/hose...

here's a pic, can you help me locating it by highlighting it through photoshop or paint (that'd be more helpful for sure)

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4834/img7640re.jpg

I hear that after pouring 1/3 of it into the hose (slowly so car doesn't stall) that I should pour another 1/3 into the gas tank... good idea? or not. I'm sorry I'm a noob, need some help!

Trekk

Registered VIP
That looks like the line off the brake booster, that would work.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you dont pour it into the vacuum line you put the seafoam into a cup and put the vacuum line suck the seafoam

sedna6

you dont pour it into the vacuum line you put the seafoam into a cup and put the vacuum line suck the seafoam
Ok...my friend was pouring his Seafoam into something, I mean I don't have a chance to ask him right now, but he was pouring his into something, what was it then?

So what I have highlit in that pic, if I take it off - I'd have to have the car running and get the little hose to suck the substance out of a cup?

I also heard that if you do it through the PCV valve it's more effective - but I don't know where it's located either, and would I be doing it the same way? letting the valve suck it out of the cup??

What do you recommend.

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You can use a small funnel or use a cup. The PCV is said to be effective but I've done it both ways and I'm not too sure. If you use the brake booster I used a paper funnel and rewrapped it until it was a good fit.

sedna6

You can use a small funnel or use a cup. The PCV is said to be effective but I've done it both ways and I'm not too sure. If you use the brake booster I used a paper funnel and rewrapped it until it was a good fit.
So just to be clear... once I disconnect the PCV valve or Brake Booster line (whichever I choose to do it on) do I pour the Seafoam (through funnel) into the lines or let them suck it out of the cup. I'm just confused because the previous poster said that you let it suck out of the cup (???)

Tamerin

Seafoam should be sucked out of the cup. Remember, you want to pour it SLOWLY into the engine, allowing the engine to slowly take in the Seafoam.

I actually gotta set down and see where the Brake Booster on my civic is, haven't done this yet.

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Seafoam should be sucked out of the cup. Remember, you want to pour it SLOWLY into the engine, allowing the engine to slowly take in the Seafoam.

I actually gotta set down and see where the Brake Booster on my civic is, haven't done this yet.
You say sucked out of a cup then it must be poured slowly.

OP, Cup or funnel - it doesn't matter one bit.