North Korea

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HondaSpeedaX said:
I know this wasn't the case with Iraq or Vietnam necessarily, but delving into the history books for WWI, WWII, and Korea shows the US economy benefiting from the wars...now I'm not saying that I hope we go to war, but it's just something to think about for those who argue that our economy is in no shape to carry out two wars.
That's because starting with Vietnam the US Media in general has decided to try and f**k with the conflict as much as possible, and the sad part is they do such a good job...

K2_civic

Fo-drizzle!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Tom said:
Well they shot 6 total missle's, 1 slong range, and 5 short range, so well see what happens.
How far is slong range? Is that the same thing as schlong range?

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wolfy said:
That's because starting with Vietnam the US Media in general has decided to try and f**k with the conflict as much as possible, and the sad part is they do such a good job...
Vietnam was screwed anyway.

LBJ didn't want to be a war president. He inherited the job. He was obligated to not let another country fall to communism.

In strictly military terms, the Tet Offensive was a failure. The NVA suffered huge and crippling casualty rates. The USA could have easily dropped in the 10th Mountain division in the west, beachheaded the Marines on the east coast and sealed the center with the 82nd Airborne and fully cut off any retreating NVA forces. The NVA attempting to retreat would have the Cav, 101st and Marines at their back and the 82nd in front. Checkmate.

Instead it was a colossal victory against US morale and resolve.

Hanoi was apparently some sort of holy ground and not subject to bombing, Cambodia? Laos? not so much but the enemy's capital was sacred. Can you imagine WWII if we had not bombed Berlin?

I'm not holding the press blameless by the way. There were just a lot of other screwing factors

92EH9

flat black rat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ifyou think about it,the smartest thing any country in the world could do is go to war with the u.s. this is because we have a habit of blowing them up for a couple months and then sinking billions in taxpayer dollars to rebuild, educate, and help these people live better lives.

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
I'm not holding the press blameless by the way. There were just a lot of other screwing factors
Oh yeah I'm not saying that Vietnam was a pectacularly fought war, but you gotta admit that a majority of journalists do try and f**k with the minds of the people back at home...

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wolfy said:
Oh yeah I'm not saying that Vietnam was a pectacularly fought war, but you gotta admit that a majority of journalists do try and f**k with the minds of the people back at home...
At Khe Sahn the NVA lost 10,000. The kill ratio was literally 10:1.
The NVA lost nearly 50,000 during the Tet Offensive.
...and Walter Cronkite comes on the news to announce that the war is unwinnable.:roll:

I can't even imagine that. If the Nazis or Imperial Japan had mounted an offensive and lost 10:1 and failed to capture any objectives, there's no way anybody would have proclaimed WWII to be unwinnable.

...and then there is also out failure to mount a counter offensive. The 82nd Airborne had been idle since fighting in the Dominican Republic. The All Americans would have kicked some mad crazy ass on the remainder of the retreating NVA and would have been able to be deployed in less than 24 hrs. That's just my opinion though . :what:

My hat's off to Ho Chi Minh. Uncle Ho had a spectacular loss and ended up with the turning point of the war.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
.....Ho Chi Minh...
"shoot a load on your chin"

didnt watch the news yesterday, and havent seen any new articles online yet (although i havent searched TOO hard)....

any news on the situation?

Vtecademics

Senior Lurker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nothing too special. Bush is now trying to get world support to condemn the tests.