obd0, 1 wire vtec ps9 ecu

stolle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
has anyone used a ps9 ecu to control vtec using turbo edit i need to know what i have to do to get this to work...

the problem: pin a8 puts out 11.8 volts all the time until vtec engages then it jumps to 13.9V i was told to install a pull down resistor to get the voltage to 0V, this should make pin a8 read 0V then jump to 13.9V how do i go about doing this?

stolle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bump

stolle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got this working if neone is interested in running a vtec motor with an obd0 PS9 ecu and Turbo Edit let me know i can point you in the right direction...

o0kuam0o

Master of Ceremonies
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what engine are you running? if i were you, i'd run OBDI and use a p28 and wire vtec into the harness, that way, you have no worries..

stolle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
o0kuam0o said:
what engine are you running? if i were you, i'd run OBDI and use a p28 and wire vtec into the harness, that way, you have no worries..
im running a d16z6, and i have vtec working great i can adjust the engagment and disengagment on top of that i can tune my fuel and spark tables and i dont have to worry about converting to obd1..

d16z6ps9automatic

Yes I installed a d16 z6 vtec engine and I have a1991 Honda civic ex automatic with a ps9 ecu and I want to make the Vtec work would really appreciate the feed back