obd2 d16y7 engine help

r8dr09

5+ Year Member
i need help here don't really know much about cars i live in achorage ak; well i drive a 1999 honda civic hatchback dx with 1.6l obd2 d16y7 engine.

well here were everything is going to get f**ked up i was drive down are local road its called old seward in my car and i came to a stop light and my car shut off when the light was red started it back up and it was running just fine like nothing was wrong cuz it shuts off on my all the time well i thoughed that wasn't a problem well leaving the light driving down the road 5 minites later my car started to slow down and pick up speed like it was stalling but i still can drive it well i turned down my music and i hear a knocking nosie coming from my engine so then i pulled off the road to a local store parking lot and i get out of my car and open my hood my engine was knocking well i was not in it but my friend was in it it wasn't as loud so i checked the oil dipstick and there was oil in the motor so then i told my friend to rev to about 2500 rpm the knocking noise gets louder so i jumped back into my car and drove it home well it was still running well i was driving it back to my house it wonted let me go over 40 miles an hour and it stays in between 3000 to 4000 rpm but with a loud knocking nosie so if you guys can help me out that would be very nice cuz its my daily driver car it gets me to work and back well not anymore my brother drops me to work in the morning now and i have to find a way to get home at the end of the day it pisses me off its been broken down for 4 weeks now dont know were the knocking noise is coming from but i think its coming for the bottom end.

and i also had another ????????? my friend has a obd1 d16z6 enigne i was wondering is the whole engine obd1 or is it just the head thats obd1 cuz i want to use the d16 block from his engine and put my obd2 y7 head on the d16z6 block would it work or well it run crapy beacuse hes selling the obd1 d16z6 long block to me for 250 dollars and i was wondering well it be a obd2 engine again like my missed up obd2 d16y7

immajackuup

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
knocking noise mean that u bent something or spun a bearing.

so basically you're f**k

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ yeap..best/cheapest to get a new motor

a z6 block with a y7 head is not a really good combo..people usually change the dx's head for a new one..if i were you i'd look for a new motor whether it be a d series, b series,....or a k series :D

add a couple for hundred to the 250 that your friend is selling you and you can have yourself an LS motor

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow that was hard to read. look around for another y7. you can get one for cheap. or go with an ls like 2slo4u said

_Ben_W

5+ Year Member
Congrats to having the longest sentence I have ever read. I would go with a jdm d15b vtec obd2. You can get a complete swap for around $900. Or just get the jdm d15b non vtec (in us its d16y7) for $500. If you go b18b it will cost about $1500 or more to do it right.