OBD2A-OBD1 Conversion

Taylor2001

I have a 1996 Civic Hatch with a D16y7 Manual Trans. It has 201,000 miles on it and looking to boost it just for the fun of it. I will be performing a leak down test and compression test before anything is done. Its also getting a Z6 oil pump and a new water pump/timing belt as well. Now I know this topic has been talked about a lot but I need straight forward answers. Im looking to convert to OBD1 for tuning purposes and was needing to know exactly what I need. Would I be able to just use a jumper harness with a 1992-1995 ECU? If so, what specific trim/model would I be looking for for the ECU? D15B7? They didnt have a D16y7 for this period . Second, would it be better to convert the whole car including the injectors and everything for better results? If so what all would I need? Looking for about 4-6lbs boost on a 32mm. Something small so I can daily drive it. No issues with the car/ been taken care of its whole life as I am the second owner. Old people had it before me with the original window sticker and all documents for it.

FWDKILLER

I have a 1996 Civic Hatch with a D16y7 Manual Trans. It has 201,000 miles on it and looking to boost it just for the fun of it. I will be performing a leak down test and compression test before anything is done. Its also getting a Z6 oil pump and a new water pump/timing belt as well. Now I know this topic has been talked about a lot but I need straight forward answers. Im looking to convert to OBD1 for tuning purposes and was needing to know exactly what I need. Would I be able to just use a jumper harness with a 1992-1995 ECU? If so, what specific trim/model would I be looking for for the ECU? D15B7? They didnt have a D16y7 for this period . Second, would it be better to convert the whole car including the injectors and everything for better results? If so what all would I need? Looking for about 4-6lbs boost on a 32mm. Something small so I can daily drive it. No issues with the car/ been taken care of its whole life as I am the second owner. Old people had it before me with the original window sticker and all documents for it.
Any ecu from 92-95 and use the jumper cables, and make sure you use a d16y8 manifold cause the y7 will break on you

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
P06 ECU, ODB1->ODB1 conversion harness. Get some bigger injectors.. DSM bluetops are cheap but you'll need to wire in a resistor box. Get some saturated injectors and you won't need the resistor box. Also, a Y8 intake manifold is recommended for better flow (and not ugly like the y7 one), but I believe you'll need to rewire the IACV.

Most importantly, find someone reputable who can tune your car.