ODB2 Not Linking Post Crash

muzzlefump

I have a son's who's 2001 Civic was in an accident. After the accident it sat at the body shop for a good week before he picked it up and drove it home just fine.

After replacing good amount of items, AC condenser, radiator, radiator support, etc.., all non electrical / sensor / mechanical items. When we go to start the car, the dash lights up with Park and 2 lit solid and D is blinking, SRS and CEL are both on, and the car will not shift out of park. The car starts just fine, but also dies after about a minute of running every time.

I've now tried two of my known good scanners and both get power, neither one will sync.

I've check most of the fuses and all are good, and now I'm kinda at a loss as to what to check next. The fact that it sat for a week then drove fine is baffling to me.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Could be the the torque converter clutch solenoid or the transmission is on the verge of failing.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Short Pin 4 (ylw/brwn) and Pin 9 (brwn) on the OBD plug and you'll get MIL, ABS, & airbag blink codes.

long flashes = 10, short flashes = 1. Then use this list to see what it is:

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's odd how the scanners won't read the codes, but for now, jumping it as mentioned above is a good way to get the codes for now.

alex98

By any chance does the headlight on ding sound when the car is off? Does it ding when the key is in the ignition and you open the driver door? If not, check your fuses again. A while back when I went to smog my car, there was no power to the OBD port. The guy at the shop said that more often than not, it's a blown fuse. Sure enough he was right. When I replaced the fuse, I had power to the port as well as all of the warning dings came back.