OEM Muffler

dryeager

5+ Year Member
I need to replace the muffler on a 2000 4dr EX. Which mufflers from what year and model will fit on this beast?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just take it to either the Honda dealership or any muffler shop. A OEM muffler shouldnt be more than $100 or so, including labor. I had a straight thru muffler put on by a local shop for $80, not including the price of the muffler. So an OEM style muffler shouldnt be that much. =)

dryeager

5+ Year Member
If someone has one laying around I put put it on, no problem. But I suppose I just need to find one but I dont know the years that will fit.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont think its the year/model specific of the car. I think its the style of the actual muffler itself. Inlet/outlet size, overall size, ect...

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go to meineke. should be like $60 round there

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jersey8 said:
go to meineke. should be like $60 round there
Isnt that what I had said in my 1st post? :what:

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha he just dosent like you eagle haha j/k idk i didnt see ur first post my bad. well at least the kid can get his muffler now

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jersey8 said:
haha he just dosent like you eagle haha j/k idk i didnt see ur first post my bad. well at least the kid can get his muffler now
Nah, its not that. I thought I was pretty clear in my 1st post, thats all. Everythings cool. >` Go get your muffler eagle. =)

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
RsEagle27 said:
Just take it to either the Honda dealership or any muffler shop. A OEM muffler shouldnt be more than $100 or so, including labor. I had a straight thru muffler put on by a local shop for $80, not including the price of the muffler. So an OEM style muffler shouldnt be that much. =)
Wow... i got my complete system done (consisting of: flex pipe, full 2.5" piping, flanges on the cat, magnaflow muffler, 22" resonator, and a nice tip) for $150, out the door. Only thing i brought in with me was my magnaflow hi-flow cat, which cost me about $80.

Any honda muffler should fit, dont buy new unless its aftermarket.