oem si lip and type r lip

clemsonvic

5+ Year Member
I was wondering if the replica type r lips for the 99-00 civic is just a copy of the oem 99-00 si lip or if they are a different design, i tried comparing pics and i cant really tell. I have an op. to get an oem black lip and i had already picked out the type r lip, but if they are basically the same i will go with the oem

ChoNNe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they are different...both style and quality!! GET THE OEM LIP!!!! IT won't break like ABS plastic!! peaCe

ChewiSi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
didnt we have a topic like this oh about once every two weeks. SEARCH!!!!

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
clemsonvic said:
I was wondering if the replica type r lips for the 99-00 civic is just a copy of the oem 99-00 si lip or if they are a different design, i tried comparing pics and i cant really tell. I have an op. to get an oem black lip and i had already picked out the type r lip, but if they are basically the same i will go with the oem
according to you're info, you have the 98 and those lips are for the 99-00's....soo they won't fit and even if you made them fit they wouldnt look good, imho

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get the real thing. Fitment is a lot better with OEM.

ryanM

Trey99EK said:
Get the real thing. Fitment is a lot better with OEM.
too bad fitment will be shitty, reguardless weather its oem or not since he has a 98

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you have a 98 bro...i would do a 99-00 front end conversion...then get the Si lip...oem baby...

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the type r lip is flared out and a little lower than the si lip , you could say its more agressive looking i guess, both look good