Off set question on wheels

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The lower the offset, the more the wheels stick out. A +10 offset is low for a Civic. Stock is around 42-45. I have 16x7 +43 (I believe) and they are almost flush with the outer most edge of the rear quarter panel.

I personally think low offset wheels look goofy as hell unless you're a stance guy and do it properly. Also with low offset wheels, you have to keep in mind how much you're lowered and what tires you plan on using. If you use the wrong combo, you might not be able to clear everything and you'll have to get lower offset wheels and/or roll your fenders.

tony9156

i guess what i meant was if i got these wheels would i have to roll my fenders and get a camber kit? or would i be able to run stock camber with no fender rolling? I'm lowered about 2 inches on tein s techs

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
edit: depending on your ride height you could use those wheels with a 195 wide tire without wheel well mods.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can make them fit. im running 15 with lots of low

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Offset is either positive or negative(and 0 of course), lower number means the wheel will stick out more.

Since the stock is around +40(varies with models a little bit) you will be shifting the wheel around 3cm closer to the outside of the car, PLUS the additional width of the wheel/tire compared to stock!

Lower offset will also put additional stress on your wheel bearings and destroy them faster.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Offset is the distance from the center of the wheel to the mounting surface measured in mm.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i guess what i meant was if i got these wheels would i have to roll my fenders and get a camber kit? or would i be able to run stock camber with no fender rolling? I'm lowered about 2 inches on tein s techs
They should fit fine.

If you've never been on stancenation, there are pople much lower than you with much lower offset wheels that fit.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
They should fit fine.

If you've never been on stancenation, there are pople much lower than you with much lower offset wheels that fit.
He asked if you can do it with stock camber, while people on "stancenation" might run a +10offset wheel. I can guarantee you that they do not have anywhere close to the factory specification camber.

If you want to run a +10 offset wheel AND be dropped 2 inches, I'm going to go ahead and guesstimate that you'll need to run somewhere between -4 to -6 degrees of (negative) camber.

deevibez17

1999 Civic Hx
5+ Year Member
wouldn't you have to worry about clearing your calipers with that off set? {just a thought}

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oem calipers and that wheel spoke will clear calipers. Big brake kits may or may not though.

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
short answer, yes they will fit.

long answer:

well first off if you are lowered with no camber kits right now, there is no way in hell you have the stock camber spec, i hope you got an alignment after to at least get the toe in spec.

to fit these rims you will need a tire with a width of about 195 and a 50 or smaller sidewall. you will also need to roll your fenders and add some negative camber depending how low you are.

for example:

im lowered about 3 inches at least from stock height, i have 15x8 rims with a +35 offset. my tires are 205/50r15. in order to fit the wheels on my car without raising the height of my car i needed to:

Front: roll fenders, pull fenders a bit, run -1.5 degrees of camber

Rear: roll fenders, run -2.5 degrees of camber

then align the car after. the thing you need to keep in mind is everytime you change the ride height it affects the camber and toe setting on your car. any time you change your camber you then change the toe setting on your car. so knowing this; you need to get an alignment after any adjustment, to avoid toe wear. although your camber may be lower than the OEM spec, it will not wear out the tires as fast as incorrect toe, provided your camber is -3 or higher. another thing to keep it mind is you will probably need a toe adjustment kit for the rear because the OEM adjustment will likely not be enough to keep it in spec.