*** Offical DFW Car Meet Sunday August 20th, 2006 ***

texascivic2k1

5+ Year Member
*** Official DFW TX Car Meet Sunday August 27th, 2006 ***

***PLEASE NOTE DATE HAS CHANGED TO SUNDAY AUGUST 27TH, 2006***

Hello everyone! There will be a BBQ and car meet listed below. This is for the people that can’t make it to the different meets during the week because of work or other activities. If your car is bone stock or not do not hesitate to come out!!! ALL CARS ARE WELCOMED BUT LIKE TO (DON'T HAVE TO) KEEP IT IN THE IMPORT FAMILY. (This first post will be updated if anything changes.)

Date:

Sunday, August 27th, 2006

Place:
River Legacy Park
(817) 459-5474
701 Nw Green Oaks Blvd
Arlington, TX 76006
Link--->http://local.yahoo.com/details?fr=dd-local-tl1&id=24458376&stx=river+legacy+park&csz=Arlington+TX&ed=Gt4JjK160SyCy14K778ofNsYR5S0OvlKpbZWC8icT0UIuE9N5MqrWJ0GvhNU1pgrCPILUJ0DZV2vNzjHsg--

Time:
Start Time:11:00-11:30
End Time: Whenever

Food:
Everyone "pitch in" $5.00 bucks for hamburgers, chips, drinks, and maybe hot dogs. Dollar store paper plates, napkins, and condiments. Donations of caracole, lighter fluid, and grilling utensils will be more than welcomed!!! I need volunteers (cooking/getting the food) for this one please. If each person would help just a little in some way this could be one of the best meets yet! There are plenty of grills if you do want to bring your own food to cook.

***IMPORTANT PLEASE READ***

IF YOU ARE NOT PRESENT WHEN WE ARE COLLECTING MONEY FOR FOOD OR YOU DID NOT HAVE SOMEONE ELSE PUT IN MONEY FOR YOU, YOU WILL HAVE TO FIND YOUR OWN MEANS OF EATING. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PEOPLE TO SHOW UP TWO OR THREE HOURS LATER. LIKE NOTED ABOVE, IF YOU KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO BE LATE HAVE SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS GOING BRING YOUR MONEY WITH THEM. WE WILL BE TAKING QUANITY COUNTS BETWEEN 11:30-11:45 A.M. SO PLEASE BE THERE BEFORE OR BETWEEN THOSE TIMES SO YOUR NAME IS ON THE LIST.

Other sites that will be notified...
www.7thgencivic.com
www.nt7g.com
www.ephatch.com
www.clubrsx.com
www.texas-imports.com
www.texasimprots.org
www.clubcivic.com
www.dallasimports.net
www.import-driven.net
www.8thcivic.com
www.dfdub.net
www.hondacivicforums.com
www.dfwmodified.com
www.hondaforums.com
www.clubhonda.com
www.superhonda.com
www.honda-acura.net
If you have other websites that are not up here please tell me or spread the word yourself please!!!

THE RULES

1) No alcohol of any kind. Let us repeat: NO alcohol. Drugs will NOT be allowed as well.

2) No repetitive revving engines or sounding your car horns. (If just got a new exhaust or something and someone wants to hear how it sounds, that’s cool, but to just sit there and rev your car over and over again for no reason, not cool, just stupid, that’s just how I feel, I’m sorry

3) Please watch your speed as you enter and exit the park from the street. Please be sure to pay attention to how you enter the exit the parking lot/park. Be alert at all times. Even if you are on the far side of the lot from the meet.

4) Please watch your trash. If you need to throw something away, please place in the dumpsters. Do not leave trash on the ground.

5) There will be a diverse mix of cars and people. This environment is a friendly one. Automotive enthusiasts drive many different kinds of cars, and come from many different back grounds. PLEASE RESPECT OTHERS.

6) No street racing at or near the meet or mixing races with the meet. This is a very fast way to lose the meet. We do not condone street racing. We ask you kindly not to do it ANYWHERE near the meet.

7) No burn/peel outs. No reckless driving No drifting or attempts to drift. We all like to show off are new toys, but please don't use that new turbo here.

8) Please respect other peoples cars by not leaning or touching them if its not your car.

9) Please no parking on the grass.

10) Have fun

What are your ideas, thoughts, questions, or concerns???? Please post if you are going or think about going!!! I will be checking all the forums every couple of days (due to the mass quantity of web-sites) and checking my PM’s if needed. Thanks!

myinca

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn good luck with the meet...sounds like it will be a great one...too bad it isnt closer to N.O....be sure to take lots of pics

catsman72

5+ Year Member
dam man i live in florida. do you no of when you are coming hear if you are.

texascivic2k1

5+ Year Member
myinca said:
damn good luck with the meet...sounds like it will be a great one...too bad it isnt closer to N.O....be sure to take lots of pics
By all of the replies since I posted on all the web-sites on July 3rd... I have gotten great feed back. I will be sure to take lots of pics. Thanks.

Silas675 said:
sounds like a meet worth going to
The way things are going it should be a meet worth going to. Tell your friends! I know that there are a couple of car clubs or a car scene down there. There are people talking/thinking about driving from Big Springs, Texas and Lubbock, Texas... now that is crazy.

catsman72 said:
dam man i live in florida. do you no of when you are coming hear if you are.
Sorry, I hate to disappoint. But I am just a regular guy (not a company) that know a couple of people, that really wants a kick as$ meet. It's just that I have put some time and thought in to this to make it work.

If ya'll have any questions, comments, and/or concerns please post them or tell me though a PM. I am here to help! Thanks again guys!

EDIT: Attention! Due to other large events (Import Experience) in the DFW I will be moving the date back a week. The date will be...

***Sunday August 27th, 2006***

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thanks.

100Percen%

The Random One
5+ Year Member
I'm all the way in Baton Rouge, but i've got family in Dallas so i plan on visting them as an excuse to come to the meet. Sounds like it'll be worth the drive. i'm trying to go to every meet i can get to when my poor victim of a machine gets back on the road. I'm glad you posted about it so far ahead so everyone has a lot of time to plan to be there. Sounds like it'll be a success with being planned out so well. Good job man.

KennyC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i should be able to show up, im in abilene.

texascivic2k1

5+ Year Member
It's great ya'll posted, Thanks! Yeah this should be a large meet. I am trying to get a feel for it now and just since I have posted (07/03/06) on all these sites I have close to 75 cars coming. And the meet isn't until 08/27/06. I think that is pretty good. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks!

100Percen%

The Random One
5+ Year Member
So the meet is this weekend and I was just wondering who is still thinking about going? I'm very sorry to say that I probably won't make it because my mechanic is an a*****e. Not that anyone was particularly looking forward to seeing me there, but I really wanted to get out and see some of you CC guys, and of course your cars. So word isn't offical yet, but I doubt anything changes so quickly that I'd be able to make that kind of trip by this weekend *sad panda*

texascivic2k1

5+ Year Member
Yep the meet is still going! We will probably break the 100 mark easily. Come on out if you can and if you can't we understand... *sad panda*.

100Percen%

The Random One
5+ Year Member
Posting this in advance for when you guys get back. Man I wanted to make it.:( Hope it was a nice success though. You guys better have mad pics uploaded tonight or tomorrow:evil: I really wanna see how it all turned out:headbang:

P.S. Pray that my baby can make it back to me soon so I won't have to miss anymore of these types of things.:thumbs up