**Official Black Friday 2008 thread***

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok folks its a little more than one week away... whats your plans... you going out to try and survive the crowds? just going to people watch? or are you gonna be a part of the mass hysteria?

perhaps your going just to go... maybe you want to find something for dirt cheap.

whatever it may be... post it up here. post up also if you have received any black friday ads? or you know of sites that have the actual ads posted.. ive looked up a few sites... but only found lists of the stuff... i want an actual scan or something of the ad.

we are going to tysons corner VA just because... thats what we have done for 20+ years. it will be the first real test of my 14 month old sons legs. (he just started walking 2 months ago) were gonna see how long he can walk on his own.. plus its good exercise for him and us.

so yup...what you got going on?

honda22

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea im from ontario and i still might be involved =)

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not going. Broke as f**k.

BUT while we're talking about buying stuff... My friends mom and I are going 50/50 on a Wii for her daughter (my best friend) ;). We probably should've waited until Black Friday but there's no way in hell I'm getting my ass up or staying up to stand in line for 6 hours to deal with assholes running around.

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im going to be in Chicago visiting my mom so i think im going to shop around there. i think sales tax is cheaper there?

edit. sales tax is not cheaper there haha

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the day after thanksgiving when stores try and clear all their products by drastically reducing prices. and also alot of new products come out.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
oh, so a mad-rush day like boxing day then?

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea stores open super early. not really sure what boxing day is. is that the day after your thanksgiving? haha

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Boxing day in Canada is the day after Christmas, stores open early, prices dropped for the 2008 year to clear out so they can bring in the 2009 stuff.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ugh im not looking forward to going to work....i work at best buy

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ugh im not looking forward to going to work....i work at best buy
We have the same car and we work at somewhat the same place.

I work at Fry's. For the past 3 years I havent had the privilidge of black friday shopping. Us as employees are not alliowed to buy s**t but we still do. Last year I got me a nice tower and 21" LCD for $299. :shock: I sneaked my brother and cousin in. The line for the rest of the day had a 4 hour waiting period!!

I doubt ill buy anything, maybe just a 4GB memory card if its for like $5 or something. Ill post up the ad when a manager leaks it.

Civic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm going to be looking for bitches.... I hear there is going to be a good deal at our kennel on pure breeds

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I'm going to be looking for bitches.... I hear there is going to be a good deal at our kennel on pure breeds
What the....you're getting a cheap-b***h so you have something to hump?

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I go for the sole purpose to make money. My goal is to bank $600 profit this year.....I think it will happen.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Either online or craigslist. Last year I had everything sold within 4 days of buying. Made out with a quick $300, setting my goals a little higher this year.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well last year I just brought a shitload of cash and bought everything that caught my eye and was a good price. I kept all the receipts and sold all the stuff I had for a reasonable price for me and the buyer. Compared my actual prices to my selling prices and saw what I made. This year I have my debit card so I will most likely transfer around 1k on it and go from there. I'm actually getting a head start now and looking at different items and the prices. I actually enjoy this for some reason. Most of the stuff goes on e-Bay while the oter stuff I know I will be able to sell locally.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If any of you guys are looking at things from Staples but don't want to go there lmk. That's pretty much the only store I go to. I'd be willing to get some stuff and resell it to you for cheap. PM me if interested.

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
^^ Word Jbuck I've done that, I bought a Klipsch Quintet set last year and it sold right away. For big stores like Best Buy/Circuit City/Sears you may have to wait in line for a long time (circa 5+ hours if the sales are really good) Last year we had people camp overnight outside of Best Buy...but then it got too cold and we just handed out tickets.