Official Carolinas Thread

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Billy, or any other Charleston locals...I am planning a vacation and have been looking into quite a few places to go, pretty sure we are going to be staying at the Vendue, but also been looking for other places to see and some spots for dinner...if you have any recomendations for alternate places or do not suggest these let me know...

Budget is about $2000 for the trip, going down for three nights and four days...

I don't have to spend that much obviously, but when I go on vacation, expense isn't really something I am worried about...

Here is the list so far...

Places to Stay:
Vendue Inn

Things to Do:
Morris Island Lighthouse
Calhoun Mansion
Drayton Hall
USS Yorktown
Aiken-Rhett House
Charleston Water Taxi
Charleston Cooks! Maverick Kitchen Store
Aquarium
Market

Places to Eat:
Magnolias
Slightly North of Broad
Toast (Breakfast)
Circa 1886
Five Loaves Cafe (Lunch)
Gaulart & Maliclet French Cafe (Lunch)
Peninsula Grill

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i made a couple edits, but overall you had a good list. and actually, i would recommend staying at more than 1 hotel. it's kinda a pain, but well worth it when you get to experience a couple different ones in one trip. when do you plan on coming?

Here is the list so far...

Places to Stay:
Vendue Inn or Charleston Place Hotel (inside the Omni) or Middleton Inn

Things to Do:
Morris Island Lighthouse (you'll need a boat for this, so i suggest rather walking to the north end of Folly Beach passed the old coast guard base)
Calhoun Mansion
Middleton Gardens
USS Yorktown & Fort Sumter tour
Aiken-Rhett House
Charleston Water Taxi
Charleston Cooks! Maverick Kitchen Store
Aquarium
Market
Charleston Ghost Tour or Jail Tour (must do after dark!)

Places to Eat:
Magnolias or Blossoms
Slightly North of Broad
Toast (Breakfast)
Circa 1886
Five Loaves Cafe (Lunch)
Gaulart & Maliclet French Cafe (Lunch)
Peninsula Grill
California Dreaming
Market Pavilion Hotel Rooftop Bar
Queen Anne's Revenge (Daniel Island)
Fat Hen (Johns Island)

Last edited:

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Coming at the end of March...March 28th to the 31...we have been wanting to come back for a nice vacation for about two years, gonna be bringing a big shiney ring with me as well this time though...

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I haven't had time to check the other hotels, but the reason I liked the Vendue was so we could bring the dog and not worry about getting someone to take care of it...

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Billy, quick question, with the USS Yorktown and Fort Sumter, are these both next to each other???

Is this the same thing as the Patriots Point thing or something different...

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the tourboat to fort sumter leaves from the yorktown dock, aka patriots point

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ok, that makes sense then...I just wanted to make sure I was reading it correctly...

chuggins

pewpewpew!!1!1!!
5+ Year Member
I could stay at patriots point all day. One of my favorite places to visit when i go to Charleston.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I could stay at patriots point all day. One of my favorite places to visit when i go to Charleston.
awesome place for photo shoots, especially at sunset :thumbs up

Last edited:

chuggins

pewpewpew!!1!1!!
5+ Year Member
awesome place for photo shoots, especially at sunset :thumbs up

Thats is a great picture, did they make you pay to get in to do pictures? i remember they let us all in to take a few pictures but there were so many cars in the way. FML

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i took that pic about 3 years ago, before they installed that ticket gate at the parking lot entrance, so no i didnt pay to get in. that day the parking lot was practically empty, and i managed some awesome shots right at sunset :thumbs up

chuggins

pewpewpew!!1!1!!
5+ Year Member
I think there should be another charleston meet in the works man. i had a blast last time.

chuggins

pewpewpew!!1!1!!
5+ Year Member
Anywhere meet!! I'm ready for one! all i have planned is IA in ATL when that comes.

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Cars will never be done...I thought the P5 was done many times, but it never was...

Paint Guy

Car Paint
Whats goin on guys.. I just recently found this site/thread.. tryin to find some car-type people to hang out with. I just moved to the Charleston area a few months ago.. some of you may have seen my car riding around:

I was up around N. Charleston area one saturday night and saw some people meeting up in the K-Mart parking lot.. haven't had the time to make it back.. does that happen pretty regularly? There any other regular meets that happen around here? I'm not new to the honda game at all.. i had a Greddy turbo '99 Civic Si when i lived up in michigan:

some other cars i've had:

my 90 EX:

my '99 Z28:

my '90 Audi 200 Turbo Quattro:

Anyway.. you see me rollin around, say hey!