OFFICIAL DIY: CTR Style Grill Modification To Stock Grill

KJMagnum

Boost is Better
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how do you get the Mesh to stay inside, is it just so tight it wont fall out or is it held in by something? I wanted to change the grille, i was thinking of
It is held in place by sandwiching it between the two halves of the grill.

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it is a very tight fit when screwing the three pieces together, so the mesh is held in firmly

New Vega

HondArmy
Here's mine. Still have to paint the outer trim satin black. My car came with an ebay grille that looks kinda like this but it didn't fit at all. this way fits 100% perfect.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
I know, I know... a gravedig.

But what on earth are you guys doing to be able to cut the expanded metal?! Ive tried with a hacksaw and its going very very slowly. Is there a faster way?

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
I picked up a set earlier today. I got the metal cut now I'm just waiting for my paint to dry. At first I thought "tin snips" were another name for side-cutters. I was wondering if everyone on ClubCivic was doing steroids for being able to do it so easily. Thanks guys, I'll post a pic when it's done and mounted.
Before and after. I had the chrome piece on mine and I decided to leave it chrome until I get it painted in the spring.

Last edited: