JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol exactly :lol:.

I forgot about this thread. Is it ever gonna reach the Archive / How To's? :(. J/p ;).

Has anyone else tried this yet? I'd like to get feedback or any comments/questions/concerns.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol exactly :lol:.

I forgot about this thread. Is it ever gonna reach the Archive / How To's? :(. J/p ;).

Has anyone else tried this yet? I'd like to get feedback or any comments/questions/concerns.
pm'd you with a question. im going to try this tonight when i get off work. i cut my parking light wires just before the bulb so that they dont run at night when the headlights are on (looks sick) but it also means that they dont blink when my alarm activates/deactivates so it would be GREAT if the foglights did flash so i can visually see when my alarm activates

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just got done with this little "trick". so far so good, fogs lit up when i turned on the parking lights and when i unlocked/locked my doors. stayed on with the high beams too. wow this is going to be SOOO much better now. it took like 15 minutes. i didnt have a spare 10amp fuse so i used the 15amp from the fog lights and put a 20amp back into the fog lights. guess it wont make much of a difference, but ill keep you posted if my car explodes......

*EDIT*
most time consuming part was tinkering with the wires trying to get them out of the plugs lol

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just got done with this little "trick". so far so good, fogs lit up when i turned on the parking lights and when i unlocked/locked my doors. stayed on with the high beams too. wow this is going to be SOOO much better now. it took like 15 minutes. i didnt have a spare 10amp fuse so i used the 15amp from the fog lights and put a 20amp back into the fog lights. guess it wont make much of a difference, but ill keep you posted if my car explodes......

*EDIT*
most time consuming part was tinkering with the wires trying to get them out of the plugs lol
Yeah highbeam + foglights FTMFW right? I love it. And I've left my foglight switch on for a few days now arming/disarming my alarm many times throughout the day and haven't blown anything *knocks on wood* :lol:. Plus at night it looks f**king awesome when you're walking to your car and you disarm your alarm, the fog lights blink with the parking lights :lol: :lol:.

And yeah the wiring was kind of a pain. That's why a small jewelers flathead is absolutely necessary or a similar tool.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its been a few days now. still problem free. loving the flashing fogs at night when i lock the car =)

ikillradio

this prolly wouldn't work with a depo harness would it?

i need a way to wire my depo to the buzzer i've drained my battery twice haha

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Anyone else attempt this?

And can this be moved to the How To / Archives? :lol:

I've left my switch on disarming / arming my alarm since day 1 and nothings blown yet *knocks on wood*.

StreetEuro99

Dont make me reload!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just curious if anyone has figured out a legitimate way to run your Fogs WITHOUT any of the other lights on. Flame me if you want, but i remember a way when i had a neon (yeah yeah, this is why i said flame me) that you could take and run one of the wires from the fog light switch to the always hot ground on the rear defroster. This gave the fogs power without the need of the lights being on, which is basically the way the harnesses work. Just curiuos if anyone has looked into the wiring enough to see if we could maybe wire it to the ground on the power mirrors switch or something for the same effect. Hell, i would even cut a wire and run it to the rear defroster switch if someone could figure it out, i miss running just fogs without some ghetto ass ugly aftermarket fogs/switch.

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sweet writeup! I'm going to do this hopefully Friday. About that little disclaimer about the cluster fuse blowing, probably a non-issue as long as you switch out that 7.5 amp fuse with the 10 amp. I'll let you know how it goes.
:thumbs up

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just curious if anyone has figured out a legitimate way to run your Fogs WITHOUT any of the other lights on. Flame me if you want, but i remember a way when i had a neon (yeah yeah, this is why i said flame me) that you could take and run one of the wires from the fog light switch to the always hot ground on the rear defroster. This gave the fogs power without the need of the lights being on, which is basically the way the harnesses work. Just curiuos if anyone has looked into the wiring enough to see if we could maybe wire it to the ground on the power mirrors switch or something for the same effect. Hell, i would even cut a wire and run it to the rear defroster switch if someone could figure it out, i miss running just fogs without some ghetto ass ugly aftermarket fogs/switch.
:what: isnt this write up the "legitimate" way to run the fogs by themselves??

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sweet writeup! I'm going to do this hopefully Friday. About that little disclaimer about the cluster fuse blowing, probably a non-issue as long as you switch out that 7.5 amp fuse with the 10 amp. I'll let you know how it goes.
:thumbs up
The mini 10 amp thats part of the underdash fog light harness blew the other day. I've left the switch on ever since I did this little "hack". So whenever I arm/disarm my alarm, the fogs come on with the parking lights. I guess the fuse took a beating because of it and it blew the other day. Took 2 minutes to fix and it worked like a charm again :thumbs up ;).

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did this tonight...easy and fast.....would have been faster if i had had the fuse already bought.

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have had mine this way for about 3 years with no problems in the wiring. So you are all good to go. I only stated this because I remember people saying it would fry the harness at one point in time.

Flip8Speed

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont have keyless entry, so i should'nt have any probs right? well i hope not cuz i trust these things. well i have had this on my car for bout 2 months now, n its the best. b creepin at nite wit the foggers on, all my homies lovin' it...

StreetEuro99

Dont make me reload!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:what: isnt this write up the "legitimate" way to run the fogs by themselves??
Its my understanding that this allows the Fogs to run with the Park lights on. I want to run my Fogs with no other lights on at all.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Its my understanding that this allows the Fogs to run with the Park lights on. I want to run my Fogs with no other lights on at all.
oh oh, gotcha. well you can do what i did: clip the red wires that lead to your front turn signals and this will disengage the parking lights and only your fogs and tails will turn on when on the "parking light" setting. this also looks great at night when you have your headlights on

Last edited:

denracho

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i did this today.. it kick ass. heheheh.. way better than the old wiring configuration.. ty bro.. very cool mod

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

I just purchased PIAA H3 Ion Crystal bulbs for my fogs and highly recommend it to anyone with fogs. They're incredibly bright and amazing :thumbs up. But otherwise, wiring and stuff has held up good.

Status
Not open for further replies.