Not open for further replies.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its been a few months now for me. no problems with blowing fuses or anything.. its all still good.

denracho

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i did this and now my parking light doesnt on or off when i hit my alarm .. i checked all the fuses and nothing is blown..wat can cause this problem?

biglou954

Heyyyy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yo did the wire harness that u switched the wires on come with the fogs???

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yes.

My fogs are genuine OEM. So the interior harness, switch, engine harness, and fog light assembly were all included.

:thumbs up.

biglou954

Heyyyy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do u think the password jdm fogs will have that??? i just ordered mine! will i be able to do this mod????

biglou954

Heyyyy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do u think the password jdm fogs will have that??? i just ordered mine! will i be able to do this mod????

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
PasswordJDM fogs should be DEPO style. Which means they are powered by the battery so you should be able to use them without even putting the key in. Not sure though so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
depo fogs are a pain in the ass cuz everyone forgets theyre on and the battery dies. OEM FTW

LethalSi

5+ Year Member
wow i took those connectors off and one of the red and white wires is fried...like the connector is dark brown around it and its hard as a rock near the connector...

LethalSi

5+ Year Member
doubt ill get an answer on this since this thread is like a year old....what does the taillight fuse have to do with the fogs since its the dash panel fuse that blows?

mrmarc

5+ Year Member
Just curious if anyone has figured out a legitimate way to run your Fogs WITHOUT any of the other lights on...
I know this is quite an old thread, but I thought I'd answer this question since I currently have my fogs wired this way. Because the fogs use a relay to turn on, you basically just need a second 12V source that's independent of the lights. I used the one that goes into the back of my head unit. Now as long as my key is in ACC or the engine is running, I can turn my fogs on without turning even my parking lights on.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well considering you need a switch to turn on the lights, I would assume so lol.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Depin? What do you mean depin? You mean pull out the 2 wires you need to switch? The step says to use a jewelers screwdriver to unclip the ends of the wires out of the plugs.

dookie_j

5+ Year Member
wut about fogs from weaksauce.com. does any body know how those wire up? do they wire up off the battery? r they good fogs to get? pm me plz if u can

Status
Not open for further replies.