Official Forza Motorsport 4 Thread

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've found that the only way to play this game is using the "in the seat" view, all settings on "Simulation" and all assists turned off. Turn off all HUD and lines and everything else. I just use the tach and speedo in the dash, and use my ears and rumble feedback to know what the car is doing. It's the only way to truly appreciate how much detail and work was put into the physics engine for this game... Turn 10 did incredible things with this simulator.
Amen!

I've decided that the clutch functionality on the Forza series sucks balls. You cannot feather the clutch.. its either open 100% or closed 100%. That makes for very sloppy launches on most vehicles.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Amen!

I've decided that the clutch functionality on the Forza series sucks balls. You cannot feather the clutch.. its either open 100% or closed 100%. That makes for very sloppy launches on most vehicles.

This is true. But I still use the manual w/ clutch when a car has that configuration. Which brings me to another fault of the game: if you are using a car with a paddle gear box, and you change your settings from "manual w/ clutch" to just "manual" for realism purposes... you get penalized for it in the points system! That sucks, and should be intuitive.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I wish microsoft would get their s**t together and provide hardware support for the logitech game wheels. I have a G25 shoved under my desk that is worthless for the xbox. F4 would be awesome if I could use my wheel :smackself

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can switch the clutch to the left trigger if you wanna be able to do that.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Does it allow you to feather it?

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yep. It has that "sweet spot".

Cheap people use it a lot in drag racing. They ride the clutch so they don't spin off the line.

You can use Layout 9 or 12. Between the two, I would choose layout 12.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I just tested it out with layout 12. It's going to take getting used to, but so far pretty cool. Thanks for the tip :thumbs up

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Anybody online I'm bored thinking about starting a room?

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I played last night for the first time since.... Denny, DeathLens and I all played. :lol:

Culberson

condoms prevent minivans
im usually on some on my days off work.... CAP1N PLAN3T is my GT,i usually drift just to kill time

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I do occasionally.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Same, every once in a while