Official Midwest Auto-X thread

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'm seriously considerin it. but i have to take my gf to an event first so she can feel comfortable about me doin it. then, the helmet comes on, visor partially down, and let the games begin! :cool:

so which course is everyone headin at? and when?
Do it, bring her and I'll give her a ride shotty, well maybe she should ride w/someone more tame to give you the seal of approval haha, either way, it's a blast and you won't regret it.

Do it Paul Do it!

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn imaa newb' to this but it looks like u guys are talking about drifting or is it just sprint racing. Wonder if my civic can handle it?
AutoX mainly tests your cars handling and agility.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the plan is to come out to several events. starting second week of may and im good. and just gota make sure the car's goood to go also.

gebs06

Klub EJ
Registered VIP
AutoX mainly tests your cars handling and agility.
Oh is see now then you basically need a good suspension setup. And some know-how about driving on a track. I'm in 1st time for me. but the civic has a nice suspension upgrade:

KSport Kontrol Pro coilovers
KSport Lower Control Arms [coming soon]
ASR 24mm rear sway bar w/ reinforce sub frame [coming soon]
Benen Rear Lower Tie bar
And i need some slicks for this........

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can run stock no need for slicks just go to a local event to get an idea or go to scca.org under solo racing

PROS14

Not stock anymore!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do it, bring her and I'll give her a ride shotty, well maybe she should ride w/someone more tame to give you the seal of approval haha, either way, it's a blast and you won't regret it.

Do it Paul Do it!
haha Coo, well as long as she sees that no one dies durin the event, she should be all good. but maybe a ride-along should give her a better perspective.

so just hit me up when you all plan to go. you all got my number, so there are no excuses. :lol:

PROS14

Not stock anymore!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh is see now then you basically need a good suspension setup. And some know-how about driving on a track. I'm in 1st time for me. but the civic has a nice suspension upgrade:

KSport Kontrol Pro coilovers
KSport Lower Control Arms [coming soon]
ASR 24mm rear sway bar w/ reinforce sub frame [coming soon]
Benen Rear Lower Tie bar
And i need some slicks for this........
kinda, but you should be all good with just upgraded brakes and tires. but your list of goodies doesn't hurt either. :lol:

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok im going to try to come out in june with my car!! i cant wait(first time). i never take fast turns cause im too scared,lol.
here she is...almost done.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
turbo B i see hope you won't just spin in the corners trying to gas it out of the corner lol

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha, i hope not. i got lsd and 215 falcon azina all around and traction bars soon.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nice man you need to give me a ride when it's done i need to know the feeling of a turbo in our cars

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ha, i never drove the car my self yet. but yea for sure. i had a boosted si and all i can say is that the motor loved boost.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
very nice man now i have to ask ny for a sick sig for this lol

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No way! lol.. is that the black guy whom i know? l met a black dude there last time, we were working same stations. damn forgot his name. drives a black miata.

The Ep doesn't roll sway too bad huh? frrom what i can see.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You mean Daryl, WoW good eye man!

Boosted NA, his car is way faster now, I've got a rain check on riding shotty w/him

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there you go, Daryl he's into drag racing also. cool guy!