oh wow kind of funny story...

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
when i got my car it had a gay "type R" e-brake handle so the other day i was on craigslist looking for a stock one because i hate the one i have, well i found someone parting out a civic they bought at an auction just to take the motor and tranny well, long story short i got a bunch of stuff off him for cheap E-brake handle($10) inner tail lights because my were scratched($17) and some misc. screws and stuff, well i asked him, can i see your car? he brought me around the corner and he put the motor from the ex into a 99 SI i was like wtf?!?!?! he made his car slower by A LOT it just cracked me up, for once i felt like i could smoke an SI!

Shogun

is cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
did he say he put it in there? It could have been a canadian Si

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
no he blew the b16 and couldn't afford another one so he bought the crashed ex for $400 at an auction and put the single cam in there, and it was electric blue

Shogun

is cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Suanico said:
no he blew the b16 and couldn't afford another one so he bought the crashed ex for $400 at an auction and put the single cam in there, and it was electric blue
well he had to get the car running.

catsman72

5+ Year Member
but he needed a engine who cares if its a lot slower its better than walking or biking

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sounds like a smart plan to me. :what:

Don't have enough cash for a new B16... get a cheap Y8 out of a parts car you bought. Sell the rest of the car for profit.

$400 for a running car sounds decent imo.

Oh yeah, and it's Electron Blue Pearl.

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nothing like doing that and stepping on the gas. DEPRESSION, lol

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Better than stepping on it and nothing happening. ;)

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
havent you guys heard? it's the latest trend, i'm actually thinking of downgrading from my Y8 to a John Deere engine...24 hp alllll the way

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
catsman72 said:
but he needed a engine who cares if its a lot slower its better than walking or biking
Oh i also forgot to mention this was not his daily driver, he drove a mazda 626 also, so i dunno what he was thinking i would have just waited

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
he might sell it as is to someone ... anyone remember that girl from oregon who posted on here for a little bit and had a 2000 si with a d16y8 and didnt know it? Then she figured it out and went back and hustled the seller cause he didnt tell em.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
beats the hell outa riding the bus :what:

ChewiSi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I say for 400 bucks he should been able to find a block and swap everything over. I blew my ringlands and got a new stock block for 250 then i just swapped out everything over form the old motor and threw it in. But its his ride/money, let him do what he wants. its also better then having a dead ass car.

four2theizz0

5+ Year Member
ha ya he made a canadian SI. which is what i had, till i put the b16 in there!
yes, hell be rather disappointed as i was just the opposite with mine. lol

but id def say a running car will beat the hell out of a car without an engine =)

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Better than stepping on it and nothing happening. ;)
that made me LOL
and i TOTALLY agree.. i mean who are we kidding.. sure it doenst make as much power.. but a b16a2 isnt exactly all that much faster than a d16y8... i actually find the a2 to be a pretty blah motor...

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
that made me LOL
and i TOTALLY agree.. i mean who are we kidding.. sure it doenst make as much power.. but a b16a2 isnt exactly all that much faster than a d16y8... i actually find the a2 to be a pretty blah motor...
:werd:
D-series
+ one more cam
+ (real) VTEC (not VTEC-II or VTEC-E)
+ overpricing
+ hype!
=
B16A2