oil in intake mani

99siTUNER

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maybe someone could help me out here, its more a hypothetical style question.

Im burning oil.

its PROBABLY seals (valve stem to be more exact) but just wanted to run this idea around and get some input

when i bought the engine (gsr) the guy didnt take the oil out, didnt know til i got home, looked in the intake mani and there was a small puddle in there, guess from sloshing around during the hour drive....

now its leaking and im pretty sure the valve cover gasket is part of it, there is wetness of oil around the back of the valve cover, and along the grooves in the intake mani under the injectors.

question: is there a way that maybe the IM gasket is bad and oil is somehow leaking through?? I know its definately burning and not just drip leaking, I see smoke when heavy on throttle in high rpms at shifts etc.

nightryder99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn...well you sure it aint leakin out from the hoses near the manifold?
I ain't a pro but my best adivice is ...if you got a buddy who's a mecanic ...maybe he can check for leaks or remove the manifold / valve cover and try to see where the problem is at
gl

99siTUNER

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can remove the cover/manifold, I just wanna know if thats even a possibility that oil is leaking into the mani and then combusting and creating smoke and lack of oil lol, anyone else??

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
when i put my y8 mani on i mixed up the pcv, and coolant lines and there was oil in my mani. but I think you would have realized that a while ago because it would be running like hella s**t.

99siTUNER

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha nah I know all the lines are hooked up right, I think im just hoping for a better option than to rebuild right now, cash is tight lol

iNotioN

5+ Year Member
just change the pvc valve ... and have the intake mani clean.. or do it your self.. it will work.. that usually happends when your pvc valve gets stuck in the open position.. and the pvc is connected to your block wich lets just a lil bit oil go through for lub or your valve cover depending on the engine you have. same thing happend to me i clean it out and changed the pvc and no more oil...

iNotion

99siTUNER

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol good idea but i thought the same thing, bought a new honda PCV for a ridiculous price, and still same s**t

iNotioN

5+ Year Member
how is the car running you sure you didndt mix an oil line or somthing... or check where you pvc pipe is connected to.. on my old engine the box in the back got f**ked up and was letting oil out idunno man its a good mistery give me more info maybe i can help

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the line that runs from the valvecover to the intake... remove it for a day and see what happens.

99siTUNER

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^ just curious what is that gonna do or change to stop from burning oil? I'll try it tho, WTH