Oil leak out of my Z6's distributor area

ej1loverr

Hey people so as the title says i got oil leaking out of the hole where the distributor goes, I have already tighten the bolts that connect the distributor to the head as tight as they can be and still oil leaks; I checked the d16 manual and checked diagrams and no gasket appears to go in there so, is there a gasket that probably needs replacing on the distributor, any help or comments would be appreciated!!

Cobl18

Registered VIP
There's a o ring on the distributor. Take out the distributor by taking out the 3 bolts that hold it in. The gasket should be easy to see. Shouldn't be more than a few bucks to grab one at autozone and to prevent from ripping it or streaching the new gasket be sure to lube it up with oil when your putting the distributor back on the head. Hope this helps.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
autozone does not have them, you have to know the exact dimensions of the o-ring and they will try to sell you something close

get it from honda

EJ8BlackOwl

Carlos!
Yeah, it's lke 2 or 3 bucks at Honda. I checked Autozone for it and they didn't have it.
Try that O-ring. It did the trick for me when my dizzy was leaking.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
autozone does not have them, you have to know the exact dimensions of the o-ring and they will try to sell you something close

get it from honda
This is why going OEM is always you best first bet.

Cobl18

Registered VIP
yeah i agree. i just didn't know if he was in a hurry to get the job done, majestic Honda is where i would get it if you can wait.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
This is why going OEM is always you best first bet.
yeah for legit parts like water and oil pumps etc

a rubber o-ring is a rubber o-ring

autozone just happens to blow ass on parts coverage and overall automobile knowledge