Ok wuts a code 6 mean?

the805btch

5+ Year Member
Ok guys I'm relying on u to guide me in the right direction and tell me wut the hell a code 6 means on my 90 honda civic ex? the book I have says its the coolant temperature and to have it serviced by a repair facility or some s**t. So Im hoping u guys can give me the cure minus the shop. LOL?! thanks a lot Crystal

CRXsiterror

I EAT EVO's
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ECT Sensor (Engine Coolant Temperature)
defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor

Is exactly what is means, I would change the sensor or clean it up check connection.

the805btch

5+ Year Member
Well No s**t

CRXsiterror said:
ECT Sensor (Engine Coolant Temperature)
defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor

Is exactly what is means, I would change the sensor or clean it up check connection.
Are you serious? thats what it means? Well thank god you came along and cleared that up smart one.!!! NOT! Any ways the reason I asked was because my book didn't say what else to do to correct the problem. And usually the other guys on here will be a bigger help than you just were. Thanks for trying to make me look like a lame. But sorry about your luck it didn't work. LMFAO

CRXsiterror

I EAT EVO's
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oook then not trrying to make anyone look like a lame.. sorry to stomp on your internet ego man I read this "Ok guys I'm relying on u to guide me in the right direction and tell me wut the hell a code 6 means on my 90 honda civic ex?" sooooo mabey you can see it from that point of view... lol I hope your not crushed lol..

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
check the wire on the connector, the seem to get brittle and brake, mine did, my bros did. its the 2 wire connector on the head under the distributor

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
check the wire on the connector, the seem to get brittle and brake, mine did, my bros did. its the 2 wire connector on the head under the distributor
mine did to and my friends and bros

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats whats happends to 15yr old wires

the805btch

5+ Year Member
thanks guys

well i bought the sensor and now i have to change it then its off to smogg it again. or at least try. LOL Lets just hope that the end of my drama as far as passing smog......Oh ya....... (LMFAO)....but on another note, seriously though, my power steering is like screwed up and s**t, and the neighbor was saying that I should just take the whole power steering system off the car, cuz it would make it go faster and whatever.? Is that true? and if so does anyone kno how much of a pain in the ass it is to actually do? thanks. I know my problems never cease do they? LOL thanks for sticking w/me LOL

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you take the PS off, you need to get a manual steering rack.

the805btch

5+ Year Member
Duh...

CRXsiterror said:
If you want a cure so bad change the sensor?
this too is a lame statement b'cuz if u read what I wrote; it said that my book only told me the coolant temperature. (didnt I say that?) thats why I turned here to find out exactly what was need to correct the problem. anyways :roll:

the805btch

5+ Year Member
Green 91 said:
if you take the PS off, you need to get a manual steering rack.
Is that real hard to change? and also whats the worst that will happen if I keep driving while the power steering fluid is leaking?(besides leaving a trail everywhere?thanks alot crystal

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its a pain in the ass to change, where is it leaking at?