Old member, new ride and some pics of my EM1

SIRIUS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey there, it's been a while since I've posted here but some of you may recall my car. Anyway, I've got a new daily driver and I also have been busy sprucing up the old EM1 as well showing her some love. I took a few pics so figured I'd share. I was busy with both of them the past couple of weeks. Cleaning. Detailing. Sorting out minor issues.

The EM1 I changed the oil on, gave it it's first bath since last august as I haven't driven it since b/c of knee surgery and a clogged catalytic converter. That said she now has a new Magnaflow hi-flo cat, a new mid-pipe and new OEM style muffler. Just waiting on the new Si tip I ordered. I changed the trans fluid. Flushed the coolant. Also got an alignment. New bushings all around to be done in the coming weeks. I've owned her since new and have de-modded her a lot over the last few years. I like the stock looking appearance personally. You don't see many EM1s that look stock anymore.

Looks pretty much stock except for the lower altitude:

Sorry for the filter, I just downloaded iPhoto and been messin' with it:

Si Fleet lol (they each get their own side of the garage):

Underneath (yes I know the DC bling is pretty much pointless but I still like it and keep it b/c it was the first mod along with the rear upper DC bar I made so I kept it on). Also pictured are first gen Omni-Power LCAs:

Bay of the EM1:

The EP3 I just bought from the original owner 2-weeks ago. It has 138k miles. Mugen Sport suspension. Progress thicker rear sway bar and subframe brace and it came with the Rota Subzeros with Yokohama S-Drives mounted on it as well as the OEM alloys with all-seasons for winter duty. All maint history and tons of recent maintenance reciepts. I'm very pleased so far and the car is super solid and the interior mint. I also got an alignment. Oil change. Fixed a few minor things like fasteners that were broken etc. I plan to buy an OEM lip kit and have it painted along with the bumpers b/c of minor scuffs (I'm just too anal I guess). I also started detailing the engine bay.

On the stockers:

Cleaned up the bay a bit:

The reason I got her (less trips here than my old SUV):

Mugen Suspenders:

I'll try to post a few more pics as I didn't want to whore too many right away :P

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lovin' the EM1. Soooo cleannnnn. It's kinda cool you're keeping it OE.
And I see you're wearing Chucks :thumbs up Paul Walker FTW

Any plans with the EP?

SIRIUS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lovin' the EM1. Soooo cleannnnn. It's kinda cool you're keeping it OE.
And I see you're wearing Chucks :thumbs up Paul Walker for the win

Any plans with the EP?
Thanks man. It's more returning it to OE. It was lightly modded here and there but over the last few years I've been converting it back. Good eye on the Chucks lol. I have over 30+ pairs of Chucks :P

Other than the OEM lip kit not too much planned for the EP3. It's modded very similar to my EM1. Suspension and brake upgrades and that's about it. Seems to be the sweet spot for me as I dont really like anything too flashy.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks man. It's more returning it to OE. It was lightly modded here and there but over the last few years I've been converting it back. Good eye on the Chucks lol. I have over 30+ pairs of Chucks :P

Other than the OEM lip kit not too much planned for the EP3. It's modded very similar to my EM1. Suspension and brake upgrades and that's about it. Seems to be the sweet spot for me as I dont really like anything too flashy.
That's cool though. Keeping it simple.

I knowww I have so many pairs of chucks. I'm the female Brian Spilner. :lol:

What suspension you going with?

SIRIUS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's cool though. Keeping it simple.

I knowww I have so many pairs of chucks. I'm the female Brian Spilner. :lol:

What suspension you going with?
I'm keeping the suspension as is on the EM1. I have Tein SS coilovers/Omnipower front and rear LCAs. S2 Camber kit. ES Bushings coming soon.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm keeping the suspension as is on the EM1. I have Tein SS coilovers/Omnipower front and rear LCAs. S2 Camber kit. ES Bushings coming soon.
:popcorn:

SIRIUS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol why the popcorn? Is that bad? The Teins are pretty solid and I have low miles on them.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol why the popcorn? Is that bad? The Teins are pretty solid and I have low miles on them.
:rolf:
No! I'm tuned in!

Teins are fine. I personally just didn't feel like spending that much money on something that I really wouldn't be that happy with. But with the route you're going, it'd be more appropriate.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Gotta agree with crash OE is pretty cool, giving you that nice brand new fresh off the lot look...CLEAN cars man.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
welcome back..

*whispers* crash is a girl..

whitedc4

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
loving that em1. so clean. ep3 looks pretty nice as well. nice pics!

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Might I suggest you get rid of the Omnipower ASAP. I should post a pic of what happens with them, and my car is proof as well. They came on my car; I'm currently pricing out LCAs b/c they need to be replaced after only 4 years.

SIRIUS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Might I suggest you get rid of the Omnipower ASAP. I should post a pic of what happens with them, and my car is proof as well. They came on my car; I'm currently pricing out LCAs b/c they need to be replaced after only 4 years.
What's up with the Omnis?

Sorry, Crash, didn't realize you were a female. I just always assume its a guy :beer:

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
In for this too. Are your em1's wheels polished? And how much of a drop is it right now?

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What's up with the Omnis?

Sorry, Crash, didn't realize you were a female. I just always assume its a guy :beer:
They're junk, and the bushings aren't good either. Blox are even worse for their bushings. My bushings completely cracked and separated; just discovered this last week. The LCA itself is rusted, and I've had the car garaged for the past 2 years.

SIRIUS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hmmm I'll take a look at mine.

Yes, the wheels are polished.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Welcome back man. Always love the car. Still have the bottle in it? You still have the GNX?

SIRIUS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No both the bottle and the GN are long gone. Sold the GN 2+ years ago. Bottle was removed around then too I think lol

Thank you though for remembering! :beer: