Old to the game, new to the site. Boosted "Fodo"

Bizzar1

A little intro as I am a new member here. I'm one of the admins over at a d-series site and thought I would join here. I will be moving to the Knoxville area and this site came up in my searches many times looking for fellow Honda enthusiasts. So I thought hey, why not. I have heard of the site but honestly never searched it much as I have a primary home as mentioned (on a d-series site). I'm a single cam guy but not against swaps either. Moving along...

I'm 36 (yeah im an old fart), married, have 3 kids but have owned many many civics over the years. I have a 1995 turbo hatch that I have owned since day 1. That's right, an original one owner of a 95 hatch. Pretty rare these days. Its currently under construction again! Currently I drive a 93 sedan built and turbo d-series putting down a little over 380whp @26psi. It's my daily driver for now. Keep it at 17psi for the street as its a friggin animal over that and a bit much. I think I will hang onto this one as I'm really lovin having 4 doors (first one).

Now ya know me, sorta and if you guys are anything like most forums, you are pic hoes lol so here goes. My current DD I call "Frodo the Fodo" The color is "Java Black Pearl" from an 04 subaru. Some call it rootbeer, some call it doodoo brown but it depends how the light hits it. sometimes a brown, gold, jet black and even green under florescent lights.

Bizzar1

Whoops, almost forgot a bay pic. I know you guys like those too.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

You still have the Rex? I'm over at D-Series as well but rarely ever on.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome to the site!

i love the car and the color! specs on the motor? pics of the hatch?

Bizzar1

Nope sold that a long time ago. Sometimes I wish I hadn't. Put so many hours into that thing but I'm just not a CRX guy. Probably wont ever see one that clean again heh. Oh well...

edit: Pretty basic build on the engine just lots of boost!

z6 block
Eagle rods
Vitara 75.5 pistons
Mild ported head (just cleaned up the castings and port matched)
660cc injectors
stock intake and TB
Quaife lsd + Gator Axles

As for pics of the hatch...I'd rather not right now lol. Its stripped to the shell and getting a full shave/tuck by next summer I hope. Its a former Audio Competition car and has a somewhat ricey paintjob on it. Here's an old 1/8 mile track vid of it filmed by my drunken buddy with a cameraphone hah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3FmYkWAfFE

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome aboard! I absolutely LOVE that color!

I hope you're not disappointed w/ this forum, but I'm thinking you will be unless you want constant off topic.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sweet, another old fart. I also like the color. What type of snail you got in there? Pretty amazing what a (nearly) stock top end is capable of in terms of hp.

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
welcome to CC very nice 4 dr. So what made you want to go the ricer route with the hatch? ohh sorry nvm ur doing audio competitions so your making a showcar with it?

Bizzar1

welcome to CC very nice 4 dr. So what made you want to go the ricer route with the hatch? ohh sorry nvm ur doing audio competitions so your making a showcar with it?
Haha it was painted like that some 16 years ago before "rice" was even rice. You could say I was one of the rice inventors lmao. But yes, the car was used for audio shows and a shop demo car for many years and is under the knife to go back to clean and mean. One of the loudest hatchback hondas around the nation.

@Hendo a Turbonetics T04e 48/63. Its about all it can do I'm afraid. My goal was 400whp or bust but several things need to be upgraded and the biggest is the clutch. We may have been able to come close but the clutch just couldn't hold anymore on the dyno. I think we were at the max turbo efficiency too as well as the top end and fueling.

Thanks all for the replies. Here's a couple of old pics of the hatch back in its "show" days.

Full car computer, wifi, Wii, tv tuner, keyboard in the tailgate blah blah blah. Was a rolling entertainment center hah! Always a hit at shows.

6 15" subs stuffed in there.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome, and i love the paint on the fodo!

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
welcome! sick 4dr! if you had a different manifold, i bet you would hit 400.

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
wow man that hatch had some serious sound. and is there a keyboard on your visor? lol thats pretty cool