Online Canadian shops

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Any canucks know of any reputable sites that you can order complete engine swaps at good prices??? I'm hesitant for the ones that I have found. Something out of the montreal area or further east would prolly be ideal

figure if i order out of the us, exchange, shipping and duty is going to kill me

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Not ARD. They sent me a bad tranny. I have had my swap done for 2 years and my car has been under the knife for 2 years. Right now, it is sitting in my garage collecting dust while I save up money to have a shop overhaul it. I am looking at $600 and countless hours of work down the shitter because they sent me a bum tranny. Bastards.

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Exactly what I want to avoid. All the shops around here seem to overcharge for the engines themselves, but installation is pretty good. Prices from the US seem to be pretty good, even considering exchange, but shipping and duty kill me

I should just open up my own shop out here and hire some guys to do the work, then mod up the car like crazy and it's all a business write off!

Grafix Ink.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Teknotik.com

work for em, and only suggest them. all engines are legal, not stollen, compression tested and al with start up warranty.

416-907-3851

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Right now just doing the price and availability stuff. just wondering, any idea of even a ball park guesstimate figure for shipping out to the East Coast, to Moncton, NB?

nightryder99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BBProductions said:
Teknotik.com

work for em, and only suggest them. all engines are legal, not stollen, compression tested and al with start up warranty.

416-907-3851
seems like they got reasonable prices.....unlike alot of the shops in montreal that think they can just throw imaginery numbers and expect people to think nothing of it

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Definately do. When i get some coin together, that's more then likely where I'll be getting my engine from

oh to win the lotto

Grafix Ink.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nightryder99 said:
seems like they got reasonable prices.....unlike alot of the shops in montreal that think they can just throw imaginery numbers and expect people to think nothing of it
the roblem with alot of these import co's is reliaility, sure plenty of places are cehqaper, but engines are untested and when something happends they turn the other way.

with teknotik we check all our eengines and can even do this infron of you, drop the oil pan ect. you get what you pay for, a quality product.

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just wanted to say, so far my initial dealings with teknotik have been nothing but positive. Haven't bought anything yet, but all my inquiries have been handled professionally, and i've gotten my responses usually the next day. All questions answered and diong so without maknig me feel dumb

can't wait till i've got a little more coin saved up to get the engine

four2theizz0

5+ Year Member
TEKNOTIK all the way. just got an b16 from them. VERY good service, im a bit of a n00b, but didnt feel dumb. They helped alot. saw you car there BB, lookin good.
hehe

nightryder99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
can they get GSR tb's cuz i don't see anything like that on the site
and ECU's??? like a P28 ???

Grafix Ink.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
four2theizz0 said:
TEKNOTIK all the way. just got an b16 from them. VERY good service, im a bit of a n00b, but didnt feel dumb. They helped alot. saw you car there BB, lookin good.
hehe
you did? um who are you lmao... wait... josh?

nightryder99 said:
can they get GSR tb's cuz i don't see anything like that on the site
and ECU's??? like a P28 ???
yes they can... anythign and everything they can get, send an inquiry and go from there..
far to much stuff to list all online

four2theizz0

5+ Year Member
BBProductions said:
you did? um who are you lmao... wait... josh?

ya i didnt get a chance to talk to you but i came in there a few times a couple weeks ago. but i saw your car there just about everytime, thats all. name's john. gonna be coming back soon hopefully for tuning and some brakes! i was dealing with eric mostly, and chris was helping me out with stuff too.

teevee247

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did you give Downforce Performance in Moncton a call? They might be a bit more, but with the shipping cost they'll be close, plus its nice having a place to go to if you have any problems afterwards with your engine.

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
teevee247 said:
Did you give Downforce Performance in Moncton a call? They might be a bit more, but with the shipping cost they'll be close, plus its nice having a place to go to if you have any problems afterwards with your engine.
oh yeah, i've been in contact with them quite a bit. I as just shopping around, thought that i might be able to find a better price online. They quoted me about 3800 taxes in i think it was for an h22a swap

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
teevee247 said:
I've heard a couple of bad things about them too. They tried to sell a buddy of mine some broken parts for his 93 teg. Hear anything like that about them???

Grafix Ink.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all i have to say is make sure its a realiable shop not selling u a stollen motor which cna lead to legal problems later on

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
BBProductions said:
all i have to say is make sure its a realiable shop not selling u a stollen motor which cna lead to legal problems later on
Definately. I'm still a little leary about them. When i've got my money saved up, i still think i'm just gonna drive up to TO and see you guys and just have you guys swap it. YOu've given me nothing but good service so far with all my inquiries