Opinion on Skunk2 Coilovers

Sladage

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi my name is Slade and im from Richmond Va. I drive a 99 Honda Civic DX. I need your opinion about Skunk2 coilovers. I am getting a really good deal on them and i was wondering how they perform. I also am getting some shocks. What kind should i get and where should i get them.

Thanks for the help!
Slade

99 Honda Civic Dx
Hayame Catback Exhaust(JDM)
OBX CAI
JVC Kameleon Deck
17" TZ7 Rims
Soon Skunk2 Coilovers

97dxhatch

5+ Year Member
They are about the same as ground controls. If you can get a good deal on them, then I say get them.

Sladage

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright - thanks for the help! One more question for nightkids1. Did you ever put any shocks on your car or a camber kit? Is it true everytime you lower your car you have to get in realigned? Thanks for the help!

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Sladage"

Alright - thanks for the help! One more question for nightkids1. Did you ever put any shocks on your car or a camber kit? Is it true everytime you lower your car you have to get in realigned? Thanks for the help!
no i havnt got new shocks yet, dont have the money
and yeah i would recomend getting the car realinged, but you dont have to.

The Civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you don't get the car realigned or get a camber kit you can definately expect to see the insides of your tires wearing quicker than normal.

Till L8er,
Ken

97dxhatch

5+ Year Member
And if you do plan on getting a camber kit, make sure you get get an alignment right after you install it. If not, you will have so problems keeping your car on the road.

jeselon

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got ground controls on mine and i'm really happy. i got tokico shocks as well. no camber kit tho =(

4BANGING

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i have skunk 2 coilovers on my 97 civic with tokicon struts and next i have to get a camber kit because i could see the tires are going to wear out on the insides if i don't.

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well on the 2k1 and up civic's the best are the skunk2 and GC's.. i dont know how they are for the 6thgens but im sure they are very comparable

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Originally posted by "spider883"

well on the 2k1 and up civic's the best are the skunk2 and GC's.. i dont know how they are for the 6thgens but im sure they are very comparable
they are also the best coilove sleeves for 6th gens. as well. I have them with koni yellows on my ek.

VigLink badge