opinion on street/ track tires.. Need to replace mine

tobebadtaz

5+ Year Member
Okay well after I did my H2B swap I found the run of the mill tires i have are just not gonna cut it.. I just chirp and
spin all over. I want to know what u guys think or use as a good street/track tire. I wanna kinda have the mix between the two.. Whats ur recommendation . I will be sticking with my 15 in wheels.. Thanks

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Falken Azenis RT615s are cheap as hell and not a bad choice. They wear out FAST with track duty tho. They're also prone to getting greasy as they overheat. They're almost cheap enough to offset the fact that they'll wear out in 15-20k miles.

Bridgestone RE-01Rs are a bit better than the Azenis, but at almost twice the cost. They will last a lot longer too. They take longer to warm up tho, but once they hit their operating temp, they are very grippy. They will also get greasy after 5-6 runs tho, so keep a sprayer handy.

I have a set of Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs (long name, huh?) en route to be delivered on Monday. Everything that I've read about this tire is that it outperforms even the RE-01R, and at about 2/3rd the cost. The Star Spec compound is supposed to heat up very, very quickly. Like in 3 or 4 turns. Despite heating up really fast, they maintain temperature very well and don't get greasy as quickly as the Azenis or RE-01R.

A lot of people like the Yokohama AD07s. Yokohama likes em the most tho. I think they're almost twice as much as the Falken and Dunlop.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
street legal slicks ftw

or in you dont wanna go with those, i have nitto nt450's and they are pretty nice...id reccomend them

franklin-hid

your moms boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dave y not ask me?SERIOUSLY. We are traction less together...LOL

MAD NJTUNERS on this threaddd...woootttttttt

tobebadtaz

5+ Year Member
Dave y not ask me?SERIOUSLY. We are traction less together...LOL

MAD NJTUNERS on this threaddd...woootttttttt

LOL need a break from the NJT hate on my civic... Plus nice to hear a different point of view...... Trust me this question was going to be asked to u in person!!!

NJ Tuners , oh yea we are all over this!!

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
njtuners ftw!!!

jersey heads are blowin up da intanetz

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
why slicks on a civic? to get better traction at the track....i mean, im pretty sure thats what they are for... =)