Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "SickCiViC"

Rice4Brains said:
i dont know if i want the black one or the red one. im trying to go for a black and red look under the hood, i have a black car. what do you guys think?
go red man, don't clash! :thumbs up:
i agree with brad

exactly what im doing, and just u and me are some what on the same page, black with red accents

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good call, thanks for the suggestion

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man....I want one! I definitly push up the Mugen one! It be cool if you crazy-glued a DOHC valve cover on your stock one...and then get some APC in that biach and take it the car show...in the SUPER RICE category!

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
PHEW :o ... for a second there i thought you were all serious about the APC haha :P

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just buy high temp paint and do it yourself.

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Rice4Brains"

what are the techniques for doing it yourself?
yeah... help out my noobiness to anything technical.... :(

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
step 1 - take off the valve cover
step 2 - sand it down (if you feel obliged)
step 3 - make sure u have high heat paint, and spray away!

(not sure, but u might need primer, doubt it thO)

98civichx

SILVER EJ7
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
have your valve cover powder coated, it will save you around $100. im taking mine to a place here and getting it done in blue, $20 is all im out. quick and easy 2 days no more, all you need to do is take it to a car wash and make sure you get all the oil and grease off of it before you have it done.

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What is this about people getting their wheels powder coated...isn't it rough?

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no, when it's all said and done, they r glossy like a new paint job. when powdercoat is applied it's sprayed on and baked in an oven which makes the finish stronger and longer lasting than that of regular paint.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what kind of place are you taking it to and getting it done for $20? thats hella cheap

nbj1485

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "SeanJohn1802"

Si_Racer13 said:
They sell mugen replica ones on EBAY and i think they look nicer than the tenzo R ones.
yeah he's right, they are cheap, i'd hella get one, but i would like it to also say DOHC VTEC .. oh well

but any pix on that tenzo one?
dohc vtec on a sohc motor?

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think he means he would rather be getting a dohc one, because hed rather have a b series than a d series...like many of us

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 does have a B series engine if he has an Si. he was saying he'd also like it to say DOHC VTEC as well as mugen..... i think :?

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh wow...i was confused. multiple quoting in 1 thread makes my head hurt. yeah, he does hav ea b series, i get it now

98civichx

SILVER EJ7
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
riceforbrains there is a place here where i live that will do it for 20 for me im gonna check on the proc to have my rims done as well. but you dont live anywhere close to oklahoma so:P :twisted:

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn thats cheap. but its all good man, i already painted mine

civic hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
to Paint your valve cover your self
1. remove the 5 10mm bolts and spark plug wires, lift of valve cover.
2. remove oil cap, remove plug wires holders. valve cover gasket and plug hole gasket if you want (*note the plug hole gskets are non resuable so if you remove them you HAVE to get new ones from honda only cost about $20us)
3. sand down cover with wet dry paper 400 grit is a good place to start unless your cover is badly strached up.
4. when finished sanding use drgreasser to clean cover the wash with simple green to get off any residue left over from the degreeser.
5. get hi temp paint color of your choice i used duplicolor red 1200 degree paint.
6. spray LIGHT even coats about 3-6 should do
7. let sit for at least 2 hours.
8. for a harder finish put in oven at 400 degrees for 1.5 hours. i just put it on a sheet pan and put it in my home oven and opened the kitchen door cause it smoked a little. then cleand out the oven after.
9. if you wnat to polish up you lettering the now the time to do it. just scrape off the paint and sand down with the 400 grit paper and go get some never dull and polish it up shiny.
10. let cool and replace all gaskets get a new valve cover gasket while your at it (good protection)
11. replace valve cover and all brackets you took off tighten the 5 10mm bolts dont tighten too tight
12. stand back and tell your self your a pimp

this is what mine looks like