Opinons?

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm starting to reconsider my proposed h22 engine swap. The place that recommended that engine, I keep finding out bad things about them (selling broken parts, used parts, etc...) and I trust your guys opinions. Right now, just have a stock y7 engine. Basically I want to get something with VTEC, more umph, and something that has the potential to really move with more mods. I'm not looking for a 10 second car or anything like that, just want something that will move when i want it to, and sound really good, and obviously provide good performance and a good base for future mods. Figure another engine type might come cheaper, thus allowing other mods on my beast. Any recommendations?

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
B16a2

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
GSR is what I originally wanted, but prices around here are crazy for them. I think I was quoted 3500 for it if i remember right. Might be competitive, but unfortunately money is going to be a factor

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b series, and swap it yourself

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cheapest route is probably mini-me. :what: meh ...not really getting much there

Bottle feed it. start at about $500 for a regular kit on up to about $1300 for a Venom VCN 2000. Can get pricey with refills and extras like a remote bottle opener, heater, dash pressure guage, etc...

B18B swap is next on the price list. Stuff for the non-vtec B is cheap and plentiful and regardless of what all the Y8/Z6 guys say, all but the most persistant of n/a vtec Ds will bow before the B18's torque.

B16A or JRSC. come in around $2000.+ or - a few. B16A2 has more peak hp but little torque and really doesn't do much 'til about 6K rpm. The supercharger will bump you up about 30 whp over stock and have good response at any rpm but lacks the top end rush of a vtec B or turbo.

Turbonetics kit for the D16Y7 is about $3000.

Then we get into the GS-R and ITR motors for teh $$$$$

You can also piece together a junkyard turbo for about $1k or so