Our offer was accepted..........

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well,
We found a different townhouse as the previous one got sold fast. This new one is well within our comfort range and cozy. We put in our offer, but the owner is firm on asking and we were ok with that. We're going to the realtor tonight to sign off the final offer contract and it's going to attorney review!

We are so excited. It's a small place, only one bedroom. But it is a two floor end unit. We get a small patio and a place for me to BBQ! And a washer/ dryer in unit, so no more lugging the wash to the common laundry. I lose a garage so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my stock winter rims/tires. I do get a hose now so I can actually wash my own car and not use the car wash anymore. So there is a lot of give and take.

The best part is we don't have to worry about upstairs neighbors complaining about TV or stereo noise and this new place is only minutes away from where we live now. Oh and we found out that my gf has 15K of money that she didn't even know about that we can put towards the downpayment. Possibly reserve 2-3K for some minor improvements we want.

We can't wait as the closing is targeted for August. It's amazing that we got the mortgage all set in a week, found a place that weekend, put in an offer and now to attorney review on Monday. We are saying it was meant to be.

I'll keep you all up to date. ;)

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice! Hope the review goes good!

Where's the pics =)

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Congrats on the accquisition of the property. My fiancee and i hope to own a home by 2009. by then we should have a decent down payment.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Error404 said:
Nice! Hope the review goes good!

Where's the pics =)

We're doing 100% financing. We have no idea how people can save $50K for a down payment????

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice!

How much did the underground pool cost? =P
Looks cool, I like the brick on the outside!

Hope all goes well.. Keep us updated.

doug piston

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
96greencivic said:
We're doing 100% financing. We have no idea how people can save $50K for a down payment????
i did and it sucked. we didnt even use it as the down. we took the money and remodeled. besides instant equity (which is a really good thing) the down doesnt even drop your payment that much.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
congrats on the new place, looks nice :thumbs up

hope it all goes smoothly

Liz

c=}:::::::>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Congrats~!

We are in the procces of trying to sell our house and move up in the world too.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks everyone.
The home inspection is getting done this coming Saturday. We also found out that we have attic storage space, which will come in handy. So far so good. Our realtor says this is going very smoothly.

It's amazing how fast things are happening. The closing date is the first week of August.

We're going to reserve $2-$3k for some quick easy home improvements. We definitly want a new frig and sink in the kitchen and the bathroom tub needs some work. Of all the rooms, the bathroom needs the most. Oh and we want to get a new stacked washer/ dryer and the water heater def needs replacement. Man, stuff adds up quick.