Overheated D17A2, installing JDM D17A

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ctag, I think you're the only one following this thread lol anyway, a bunch of the stuff I ordered came in today, including the stainless down pipe. I'm contemplating scuffing it up and spraying it black, so it matches the header. Thoughts?

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Ctag, I think you're the only one following this thread lol anyway, a bunch of the stuff I ordered came in today, including the stainless down pipe. I'm contemplating scuffing it up and spraying it black, so it matches the header. Thoughts?
Not the only one, I just don't want to take your thread and keep commenting every time you post something up lol.
IMO I wouldn't paint the downpipe.. who's gonna see it anyways? lol

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I agree with @5SpeedEJ6, though I also don't see a reason not to do that if it's what you want.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
5speedEJ6, post away, I like feedback lol I agree that few people will see it, I just don't know if it'll clash with the silver/black theme I've got going. I'll leave it SS for now, and if it really bothers me I can always spray it later. I'm a bit bummed that the CAI is glossy black, but my wife said the same thing "who's gonna see it?"

I am, and I have ocd lol

I got way too many parts waiting to go on, and a ep3 to strip, I'll worry about the small details later.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welp, I got far enough that I fired up the Civic today =)

It was wide open header, which meant no O2 readings made it run like s**t, but, it ran.

Still have to put on the downpipe, which needs a slight modification to work, and the passengers side axle, and the new radiator.

Everything else is suspension and rear brake conversion stuff.

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2000 degree paint my ass. VHT will be getting an email from me. Other than that, the maiden voyage went smooth as silk. Gotta raise the rear up an inch or so to get rid of spring rattle, but other than that, smooth sailing =) 20160401_152241.jpg