Overheating. Did i try everything?

IGotASlowCivic

Yeah Im slow... So?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey everybody. My cars been overheating on daily driving.

I just had the timing belt, water pump, radiator, themostat, and radiator cap all replaced and instled.
but my car is still over heating.

the funny thing is.. i tlooked great from the drive home til i pulled into my driveway and i swear the
the needled jumped up to 90 percent i was like what?!?!

i do have aftermarket header with a leak at the o2 connector. could thisbe generating enough to heat while driving to overheat the car? and enough liquid cooling cant compensate?

\\ Forgiven //

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thats wierd. My 94 F-150 was just doing the same thing and I replaced everything as well and it runs a bit hot still, but not too bad at all. Have you checked the head gasket yet?

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Air in the system.

IGotASlowCivic

Yeah Im slow... So?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
roger that will check the fan. and flush the system all over again.

looks like it overheats at idle only. and after the shop was done with it.. my ac doesnt work now either.

so taking it back first thing tomorrow morning. hopeully i'll have a fine running honda after one more day. :(

Tauril

5+ Year Member
Sounds like when the head gasket went bad in my last car. Check your oil cap to see if there's coolant on it.

weksos

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bleed the cooling system. you might have ain air pocket.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
head gasket. Check for oil in the coolant

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
like already said, flush coolant to get air out. and see if you have a mixture of coolant and oil, that equals blown headgasket

IGotASlowCivic

Yeah Im slow... So?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cool. took some air out. seems to have solved the problem. thanks a bunch.

and thankfully no mixture in the oil. whew. paid enough as is already.

and just cowincidently my ac condenser went out after taking it to the shop for
repairs in the cooling system. :???:

thats next on my list

IGotASlowCivic

Yeah Im slow... So?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn maybe not. just got to work. car runs at 50 percent heat when driving. but overtime after drive at idle it will jump up aroound 80 percent.

can my new radiator not be efficient enough? when not air cooled while driving?

or is it just to hot here in vegas. is this idle temp normal

weksos

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
First, bleed the system again. Take off your radiator cap. Turn your fans on at full blast with your heat on. Let your car idle for 2 fan cycles at idle. This should bleed most of the air out of the system. Top off the radiator and resevoir if needed. If you still have the heating issues.... check your thermostat, and check your radiator for any cracks or leaks.

HYPHYinMy4DR

5+ Year Member
Make sure your radiator isnt JAMED, you should also flush the system.. and put new coolant and bleed of air also. Also, a leaking 02s hole will not cause a over heating engine.

Also clean the outside of the ratiator, make sure there is NO crap on the fins.. as leaves and dirt.. hair can cause reduced air flow thru the fins causing ur coolant not to cool down..

IGotASlowCivic

Yeah Im slow... So?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lavii said:
check the tempature guage sensor plug , its underneath the dizzy
i'll check that next. cause i have done everything above. lol.

heres the real kicker now. it'll jump up on idle. then i continue to drive.. which no one in there right mind would with it as hot as it is... and the needle will literally just jump back down to the middle.

its a fluctuating temperature reading. anytime of the day.

The only time it stays pretty consistent is when im cruising without any stops. I even tried to intentially overheat the car by commuting 25 miles homefrom work just pushing the dang thing. and it wouldnt go past the midway mark on the freeway. it just jumped up as soon as i hit the gas station. then back down after i left the gas station. :roll:

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not real likely, but besides the gauge reading, are you noticing ANYTHING different?smell? heat? power loss? it could theoretically be your gauge itself for it to be jumping up and down like that, you never know

weksos

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it could be a faulty guage or sending unit from what you are describing if there isnt any coolant or power loss.

b18c1jdmcivic

5+ Year Member
try getting an after market temperture guage...because i took my car to the mechanic today to get a new starter put on and my car is overheating like yours to...and i checked everything...nothing..he said to get an aftermarket guage...because may b the guage inside is not working properly....so i got an after market guage and ill let you know how it goes..

IGotASlowCivic

Yeah Im slow... So?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b18c1jdmcivic said:
try getting an after market temperture guage...because i took my car to the mechanic today to get a new starter put on and my car is overheating like yours to...and i checked everything...nothing..he said to get an aftermarket guage...because may b the guage inside is not working properly....so i got an after market guage and ill let you know how it goes..
cool. definately let me know.

my guage problem has gotten alot worse. now a trip down the block will send the temp guage to beyond H. its peaking as far as the guage can go. Touch the hood. Fine. Open the hood. No extreme heat. touch the head.. warm. But not 2nd degree burning hot. Wierd. :???:

Im taking off to work. 15 mile commute. guague will prob do the same thing. just praying my car doesnt blow up for this weekend of work.