Own A 6th Gen? Dont Wanna Get Jacked? Read This!

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Don't mean to thread jack but does anyone have any suggestions on which alarm to get for my car that is budget friendly? Thanks

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if they want it they will find a way to steal it nothin you can do about it.
Not true. It amazes me how many people just fold over and live with this theory. If you deter them enough they will give up and move on to one they can get. It is all about layering the security. The more layers they have to work through the higher the chance they will give up and move on.

Don't mean to thread jack but does anyone have any suggestions on which alarm to get for my car that is budget friendly? Thanks
Stop being lazy and do a search or make your own thread.

Also budget and alarm shouldn't be in the same sentence. You are paying for something to protect your purchase. You get what you pay for and it isn't good to go cheap with an alarm. The only cheap way that should be taken is if you save money by doing everything yourself.

SafeSecurity

5+ Year Member
I got something after I got my car stolen in 2007 and never saw it again. I've don't worry about my car after I got this system. I could finally sleep in the City. I'm telling you a car thievies will do some dirty things.

The Fingerprint Starter allows you to do much more than basic alarm features. You can:

Using fingerprint identification, this will encode the car security system. This product is so high-tech it prevents alarm decrypting

Inserting a car key or using keyless ignition devices are useless unless fingerprint recognition is initiated.

Any unauthorized persons who gain entry to your vehicle illegally will set off the quick alarming function.

All inputs or settings are guided by the master driver through the password controller by voice instruction.

Highlights Characteristics
High Recognition Characteristics which approve the logon and certify in less than 0.8 seconds, anti-true rate < 0.0000001 ,accept-false rate < 0.00000000001.

High Accommodations
characteristics which allow stable operation for temperature from - 45°C to + 85°C and humidity at 5% to 95%, dry or wet hand can pass the verification.

High Security
characteristics of finger print verification to access control of the car computer, the activation of the ignition device and the fuel supply.

Live Biometrics Verification which cannot be copied because everyone has a unique fingerprint. It can not be accessed by other unauthorized users or car thieves, it will never lost and will never change because your finger print never changes.

saint1

5+ Year Member
thats how i got my ek setup, but to the harness ground and a little switch only i know

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Leave it to a security thread to bring out the security, alarm, and theft spammers!

SafeSecurity

5+ Year Member
lethal6- I'm sorry but I thought Security is the main topic of this theard just giving some useful info.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lethal6- I'm sorry but I thought Security is the main topic of this theard just giving some useful info.

Yet it looks like you only made an account to hock your product and defend said product. :roll:

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Someone NEEDs to post t his on the first page along with the OP's original post.

I already found my way around a few of those things. Specially the "cut sirent" cable part :cool:

As for the fuel pump kill switch, you said a thief will lift the seat and reconnect cables. Ok, now what if the cables are closer to the drivers seat or shift linkage. Thatll be pretty hard to find.
Years later response because I was looking over this now lol
You just need a positive to go to the pump. Its a constant +

96civicrome

96 civic coupe ex with d16y8 motor

ok i have a d16y8 motor in my civic i just bought is that motor a good 1 or should i change it i am new to tuner scene

ethangladish

5+ Year Member
I can't get a picture of it because I'm in Iraq but I have stickers on my door windows that say, "Nevermind the alarm system, the owner of this Honda Civic is fully loaded!" And there's a picture of a pistol. It's pretty cool.

ethangladish

5+ Year Member
Years later response because I was looking over this now lol
You just need a positive to go to the pump. Its a constant +
There's a little storage compartment next to the radio that can be pulled out rather easily. Sorry if I'm exposing anyones' "stash spot", but that would be a good place for a kill switch I think. I'm gonna look into that when I get home.

dbramaged

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
When I owned my '02 EX, it was the most stolen vehicle in the US... back in 04-05.... Full coverage was $185/mo while my 4th gen Prelude was $510/mo due to "performance/aftermarket parts coverage" (Which is WELL WORTH IT!!!)

rebirth

5+ Year Member
I can't believe this post is still going after years. My 96 accord was stolen in California. The first time was less than 8 months after buying it from the dealer. It was the sweetest car in the neighborhood. Didn't have an alarm though and I think the insurance had just expired. Wife took it to work in a pretty high end area, and came out to no car. Found it a few days later completely stripped. Sat on the ground in front of my house for 3 months, then I finaaly got new wheels, new system, and replaced a few things. I moved someplace else to a small town(not even on the map). Someone jacked my system, and tried the wheels but I had wheel locks. Ripped the complete dash just to take the radio. WTF Broke the steering column and everything. This time I had full coverage insurance so everything was replaced with better stuff. Still didn't buy an alarm(I know). Finally the last time was in Sacramento, came outside and my driver's door was open. You get that heart stop feeling like you can't be serious. I had just come home 3 hours ago in the middle of the night from work. Someone was probably watching and new the times I got home. It was a apartment parking lot. I finally invested in a pager alarm, and a led scanner. it had remote start, immobilizer,feul cut off, and a turbo timer feature, and gave out warnings for the slightest touch, but I loved that it had sensitivity controls, and that the remote worked even in tall office building downtown. I would set it low while in busy downtown on the street, and high when at home or in the parking garage. Even though I was in a garage with bmw's, range's, and other expensive cars. I think that unless your alarm has a pager that alerts you when someone is touching it, it's useless.

:idea:
Notice your surroundings, don't play your music so loud near your house. Don't show your neighbors everything you do to your car. Don't act like your car is the s**t, even if it is. Lock your doors, roll up your windows. Get dark tint if you can. Don't leave too much gas. Take your radio face. Don't leave stuff in the open. DON'T POST 100% EVERYTHING YOU DO TO YOUR CAR ONLINE. SOME OF US LIVE NEAR YOU AND PROBABLY LIKE YOUR CAR. My civic has all types of security, but I won't be posting that.

I came up with a new type of security system over the past year, but I am not rich so I don't have money to actually get it created, or build a prototype. Hopefully I can pitch it to some companies, and get some investors. I know it would work, and be benefitial to everyone.

Last edited:

DROK604

lol i had my rusted out 87 nissan pickup stolen by some crack heads about a year ago. I would have practically given it to them. Thieves will steal anything.
-and comprehensive coverage is sweet