PA family refuses to give 10-year-old New Orleans' boy his dog back

What shoudl happen to the dog?

• The family in PA should give the dog back to the 10-year-old in New Orleans.

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • Finders keepers. If they wanted it so bad they'd go to PA and get the dog.

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
She's a single mother with a 10-year-old trying to rebuild a house and a life.

It appears she offered to have a friend pick the dog up from PA because she could not for whatever reason. I'm not sure if that was offered just now in the article or before the article was written when they initially spoek to each other about her going to get the dog.

And really, they might have evacuated! Nowhere in the article does it say they stayed in New Orleans during the hurricane. It says they lost almost everything, not that they stayed.

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If they loved this dog so much they wouldnt have left him there.

Pineapples

Yes, I'm a n00b. Bite me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This article is way too incomplete. There's no way it will convince me to change my mind about how I feel unless we get more details. So there's really no debating at all.. Based on that article, I have to say the new owner should keep the dog.

Say they did leave New Orleans, how come the dog was left behind?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Ominous G2 said:
If they loved this dog so much they wouldnt have left him there.
that's not entirely true.... sure, if they were SMART they would have left 3 days early when the warning was being announced.... and the entire katrina disaster was predicted, but if they didnt leave early enough, most rescued people were not allowed to bring pets no matter what

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
that's not entirely true.... sure, if they were SMART they would have left 3 days early when the warning was being announced....
I'm not one to defend the stupid.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LowNotSlow said:
I don't feel bad for people who lost "everything" in New Orleans and then go right back to rebuild there again. That's stupidity. If they have the ability to rebuild then they have the ability to rebuild somewhere else.

If I build a house in a swamp and it keeps getting flooded out and I rebuild it anyways, that's stupidity. They don't deserve a dog if they don't have the sense to move to a safer locale.

Safer like.....Pennsylvania? :???:

Last time I checked it was Pennsylvania that was under water. It's been underwater before during Hurricane Agnes.

No one's saying, "We shouldn't rebuild in Pennsylvania, it's a stupid waste of money....1st hurricane Agnes destroys and floods it and now this.... " f**king hypocrites.

f**k it. Let the Quakers rebuild Pennsylvania. That makes as much sense as making Big Easy Partiers
rebuild New Orleans.

You know who else besides people who live on the Gulf coast are idiots?
New Englanders. Look they know that heating oil is hella expensive and without it they freeze and die and they know storms blowing in off the North Atlantic are going to freeze and kick their asses but they choose to live there anyway.

Anybody on the Atlantic coast. You get hurricanes too. Idiots

Midwest. Okay. Some of you are in tornado alley and the rest of you get hella nasty cold brutal s**t blowin' in off the Great Lakes....you know if you are not flooding

Texas. Too far south you get hurricanes, too far north you get tornados, too far west you get drought and all the joys of a brutal high plains winter.

West coast. I saved you bunch of San Andreas riding fools for last. EARTHQUAKE!!!! It's not a matter of If. It's when. Okay so you move a little further north...TSUNAMI!!!! So you move inland....PYROCLASTIC FLOW from a volcanic eruption instantly kills you and entombs your body in ash for some acrcheologist to find 1000 years from now.

So before you go casting stones on those who live in New Orleans or along the gulf coast, take a long hard look at your own glass house

As far as the dog, let the new family keep their pet. If the dog was so damn important to the old family it wouldn't have been abandoned in the first place. I feel bad for the little boy but s**t like this is going to happen in life. You are going to lose things you love.

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would suggest the stop bitching and get a new dog option.

Tiso

Tello !
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
new family should just give it back. Simple as that, that like saying if a baby got swipped away in water and someone else finds them and claims them as their own.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I just think it's heartless to keep a loved pet from a child because you want to prove a point to someone else.

So far the new owner has not mentioned money being a cause as far as we know, and even was okay with them taking the dog back, as long as the mother, and potentially only the monther (meaning not the friend who was available) come and pick the dog up.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
But it's not a baby. It's a damn dog. It shits in the yard.

I'm sure the new family is every bit as attached to their furry poop factory as the little boy was.

I would trust that nobody would leave their baby behind to be adopted out by some baby shelter.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
i kinda gotta agree with this....

if you live in a flood plane and your house floods.... dont b***h.... move
the flood plane was there long before your stupid ass moved there
reminds me of napa county measure a that passed when i was 12 for "flood protection". Ive always been a big advocate of if you dont want your house or business to flood dont buy or rent in the flood plain. It is NOT my job as a taxpayer to make it so your home doesnt flood, or pay for your s**t when it gets ruined when you knowingly bought a house there.

our river is fairly polluted .... army core of engineers was going to come and build flood walls like what they have in la and do the whole project using federal tax dollars ... but a bunch of damn enviornmentalist hippies and dumb liberals felt that it would mess with the natural beauty of the river.

So this stupid thing passes and we got mad high sales tax now ... and what happens new years eve? THE RIVER STILL FLOODS! Not only that, it floods AS BAD AS IT DID IN 1987 WHEN THERE WAS NO FLOOD PROTECTION!

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
meh :what: it could happen anywhere.

Even if you live on a mountain you could get screwed by excessive rain. Hey! you were out of the flood waters but the mudslides dragged your house down the mountain into it.

Who's to say that the new family's children aren't just as attached to the new pooch. Time to do the old king Solomon trick.

IGotASlowCivic

Yeah Im slow... So?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stay on topic about the story. Make a new orleans bitching thread if need be.

As for the dog story, I felt bad for the family who lost the dog right up to thepoint where it
says they now got themselves an attorney. Needless to say, if there rebuilding.. lost everything...
and cant fly to pick up there dog.... how in the f'ing world are they gonna afford an attorney?

look out family in PA.... they may want more then just the dog back now that there equipped
with an attorney. :roll:

A dogs not worth that! paying for attorney and the other way around losing to one. :???:

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
IGotASlowCivic said:
well, it is in the Off Topic section, New Orleans is relevent to the original post, and nobody is going to take your policing seriously as long as your user name is in black. :laugh:

Is there an update to this story? Or are these people really going to try to litigate this s**t?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
IGotASlowCivic said:

As for the dog story, I felt bad for the family who lost the dog right up to thepoint where it
says they now got themselves an attorney. Needless to say, if there rebuilding.. lost everything...
and cant fly to pick up there dog.... how in the f'ing world are they gonna afford an attorney?

look out family in PA.... they may want more then just the dog back now that there equipped
with an attorney. :roll:

A dogs not worth that! paying for attorney and the other way around losing to one. :???:
There is mention that the family in PA got an attorney, not that the family in NO got one yet. I'm sure they might have to now of course if they want the dog and have the means ot pay for an attorney.

The woman in NO is a single mother. She might not be able to come get the dog. She offered to have a friend pick the dog up though. Why should that not be good enough?

racing_kid

take that sucka!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
give the dog back.

doen't realy matter where thay live now.
they are trying to rebuild their family and home.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
she needs to buy a new dog....

and the press needs to focus on more important issues

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
meh :what: it could happen anywhere.

Even if you live on a mountain you could get screwed by excessive rain. Hey! you were out of the flood waters but the mudslides dragged your house down the mountain into it.

Who's to say that the new family's children aren't just as attached to the new pooch. Time to do the old king Solomon trick.

yes... it COULD happen anywhere....

but we're talking about places where it DOES happen regularly

there's a big difference..... see.. the moon COULD turn to cheese and fall onto my house from outer space... but i'm talking about places where the river DOES raise and flood yearly, destroying or damaging homes on a regular basis

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rand0m said:
she needs to buy a new dog....

and the press needs to focus on more important issues

DIng Ding Ding we have a winnar!

This is what we call manufacturing News.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
yes... it COULD happen anywhere....

but we're talking about places where it DOES happen regularly

there's a big difference..... see.. the moon COULD turn to cheese and fall onto my house from outer space... but i'm talking about places where the river DOES raise and flood yearly, destroying or damaging homes on a regular basis
okay okay, What about places like Wilkes Barre PA? That's flooded out several times in the last 30 or so years but no one's screaming about how the good people of Pennsylvania are dumbasses. :what:

i get what you're saying. To me it makes more sense to live at the bottom edge of tornado alley where a tornado might eventually damage your property than near a fault line where eventually you are going to get f**ked up....or at least the property you now own will eventually get f**ked up. You might already be dead when "the big one" hits. Point is that where you sleep is eventually going to be f**ked. And that's the way you feel about floods. that your s**t will eventually get f**ked up if you live in a flood plain. :lol:

But back to the dog...
look, I'm sorry some 10 year old misses his damn dog but to expect the new family to hand deliver your pet from 1000 miles away after you were negligent in it's care is just ridiculous. The new family is obviously just as attached to the dog now if they are willing to hire an attorney to keep it.