Paint, Lips, Possibly Rims?

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
D-Day is set. My car is finally going into paint. For those of you that have never seen my car its becuase for about a year now, the paint has been peeling off the hood of my car and becuase of school I have yet been able to paint it. The picture of my car in sig is a very old one I think 1 month after I dropped the car which is about two years old already. I got into a crash with my car at 16 and they needed to replace the entire front end: bumper. hood, quarter panels but it seems they didn't do all the well of a job becuase 5 years later that s**t has seriously come back to bite me in the ass but, besides the hood and quarter panels peeling the clear coat on my doors has started to go aswell. I took very good care of my car, she got waxed every 6 months and washed almost every weekend, but I guess no matter what I did to protect my paint mother nature definately won.

So with ALL that being said, July 3rd, my car heads into the bodyshop and paint booth to get the attention it deservers, I hope to able to take pictures of my car throughout the process to share with ClubCivic becuase the people here that participate in this community have been more then helpful with any questions or concerns I've had about my car. So wish me good luck and hopefully my car comes out looking great again.

MugenShox

Banned
awesome!!! post some pics and show us how it went... GL

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a nasty hook up for paint and bodywork becuase its my Uncle, $1200 and they do very good work. They are going to chemically remove all the paint from my car, prime, wet-sand, paint. Thats not in the right order. I was told that if I had gone somewhere else that it would have been anywhere between 2400-3000 which is exactly what I thought it would be, but I got lucky with my uncle.

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like a good deal. Can't wait to see some pics.

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im always so jealous of people with family and/or close friends who are mechanics or body-shop people.

Sounds like youre going to have an amazing look for your civic. Post pics soon as you can... im very interested in seeing the process too! :D

bcivichb

Driving South
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you got lucky with your uncle :???: haha just kidding. cant wait to see progress

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Quick question, Im going to be ordering the lip kit today Im going with the samd old boring Type R lips but does anybody know of a place that can do better than $130 and free shipping?