Painted Fat 5's Yay/Nay

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im keeping my fat 5s for winter wheels since they have brand new tires on them, but since they arent in the best of shape i want to fix them up a bit and give em a new coat of paint. keep in mind, this winter when the wheels go back on, THE CAR WILL BE BLACK. so what color/combination do you guys think would look good? if you'd like to photoshop something up for me, feel free to ;)

heres a reference

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Anything but black.... Black fat fives look like s**t.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i agree, unless maybe i could keep the polished lip but in my case my lip has plenty of imperfections already so itd need to be painted regardless.

i was kinda leaning towards gold but idk how thatd look on that wheel

Asthmatic

Formally DXpowR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ive never seen gold fat 5's but i think it would look pretty good on a black car. Cuz...well....gold wheels on black cars look like sex.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
fat fives of any kind = boo ..... but if you're gonna rock em .... rock em plain.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think fat fives would probably come out looking pretty horrid in a true gold color. I'd say leave them how they are.

Too bad about painting that car black. That's the color I'd want an Integra if I got one. :( I knew a guy in high school with a coupe the same color and I was so pissed when he put it up for sale right after I bought a car.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
see i was kinda thinking the same thing as you amy about the gold just not looking right, i think bc there is so much wheel on fat 5's (not really "spokes" persay) even tho typically gold wheels on black cars look great imo. if need be ill just repaint them entirely silver bc they DO need it, i was just hoping to do a darker color

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
VHT has a nice aluminum-colored coating made for wheels.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
stealthy said:
see i was kinda thinking the same thing as you amy about the gold just not looking right, i think bc there is so much wheel on fat 5's (not really "spokes" persay) even tho typically gold wheels on black cars look great imo. if need be ill just repaint them entirely silver bc they DO need it, i was just hoping to do a darker color
If you do anything... make it a little understated. PM Eran and ask him about that "certain color" he wanted to paint his wheels awhile back. He can give you all the info you need and I think it'd look a lot better than gold on those wheels (you said it perfectly... way too much wheel). It'd look good on a black car and it'd help cover up some imperfections probably.

I think this will cover up some imperfections and also give you the color change you seem to want.

My wheels have some curbing but it's been filed down and smoothed out before being painted.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
excellent, i will PM him *thumbs up* thanks

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks awesome amy, i wish i had those.......or meshies in general :(

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks. =)

We see meshies being sold locally all the time around here.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no.. don't paint them. Polish baby.. POLISH.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
too much bling for me

plus there is curb rash that would be hard to fix and still keep polished