Painting brakes this weekend.......

elianthony

5+ Year Member
Recently picked up an Enkei EDR9's/tire combo set from Tire Rack. Noticed the brakes on my car look absolutely hideous, picked up a few boxes of Dupli-Color Caliper Paint kits. I've attached some pics, car is filthy I know, the weather finally warmed up enough in Ohio to melt the piles of snow we have and give us pools of water to drive through. Was thinking flat black for the drums, for the front gloss red on the caliper and flat black on the caliper mounting hardware........... any opinions welcome. Not doing suspension till next year...........

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
personally, id just do them all black. no reason to paint them red, they are factory brake calipers. You can get fancy colors when you upgrade your brakes. just my 2 cents tho.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
100% agree with R3dline. All black gets my vote.

elianthony

5+ Year Member
Thanks for the feedback, the more I think about it, I will probably stick with the flat black for front & rear. From what I read the Dupli-Color is the fastest drying so the car isn't sitting for more than a day.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you use caliper paint, it shouldn't be down for long at all. I painted mine black and was off the lift and back on the road in a matter of an hour. Held up for years until the car was totaled.

elianthony

5+ Year Member
Good to hear, I bought 2 boxes of Dupli-Color Matte Black, I'm thinking that should cover 2 drums and 2 calipers +mounting brackets.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Black is the way to go! I did red with mine, and they slowly kept fading to black anyways, once they collected dirt and dust. :lol:

elianthony

5+ Year Member
Ended up going with my original choice of red caliper mounting hardware and black calipers and drum covers. What a difference from the rust/worn finish.