painting center console??

stevelobo

whats up guys ive been contemplaiting spray painting my center console black.. the reason for this is because i bought an armrest for my hatchy , but the color of the armrest is tan, while the rest of my interior is dark gray.. i would like to paint just the center console ( armrest and trim around shifter and cup holder..
any suggestioons??? these are my plans for painting.. THROW ME ANY COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS

1.) clean the center console very nicely

2.) sand it down just a little bit to get a nice surface to stick

3.) hit it with a couple coats of flat black primer

4.) finish it off with a few solid coats of BLACK..

SHOULD I USE FLAT BLACK?? OR GLOSS BLACK??? suggestions please rep +

shwndzzl

i'd say a flat black or semi gloss.. gloss is gonna be hella shiney

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like to much work to me. i did my whole interior a year ago in black. all i did was wipe it off, use adhesive promoter, krylon fusion black paint and it looks just as good now as it did when i first did it

stevelobo

Thanks for the feedback.. I painted an old center console first with e light layers of black primer. Then gave it about 3 light coats of black krylon fusion..let it dry real nice and finished it off with some krylon clear coat..looks pretty damn good .going to to my console tommoro.thanks again

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no problem. post pics then. oh and you may wantt to rewrap the arm rest pad part since they tend to fade