painting own car?

kaizandude

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey dudes. my car is an ugly stock color (my friends call me the buger-green hatch driver) and i hate it with a passion. i really want to paint it but a pro-job is a bit out of my reach right now (im saving for swap, parts, etc.). do any of you know of any "how-to's" on painting your own car? also, any sites / shops where to get good quality / reasonably priced paint products?? thanks for the help

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is your hatch a 96? If it is, then its Midori green. If it is Dont paint it! Midori hatches are pretty rare cause the color was only offered that year, like the 00 white hatches.

kaizandude

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
painting

yah it is 96. is it really that rare?? im up in Hemet (small population) and there's some old guy with one too. i just really hate the color...

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea theyre pretty rare to find. AAnyways, if you hate the color, i guess paint it. I like that color, and its sets you apart from other civics.

Jerry215

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Paint it

If you paint it, are u also going to paint the inside. Painting it isnt ez as u think. but i think u should sand it and then take it to maaco. :thumbs up:

sean360

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maaco is cheepo and looks very bado........you might as well spray paint your car
i would get a paint job unless its a quality one 8)

sean360

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sorry i ment i would not get a paint job unless its a quality one.......cheap ones are known to chip