Passenger window won't roll down.

yicir

So on my kids Civic hx, his passenger will roll up, but won't go down. Here is what I have done so far.
I have tested window motor by jumping, goes up and down when not in door.
I have tested the passenger switch, by doing this I tested that there was 12 volts when pressing the switch up and down going to window motor.
The window lock is off on driver panel.
There is no broken wires in either door.

What am I missing? Thanks for any help.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Test the voltage output at the connector that connects directly to the window motor. If you get under current battery voltage or under 14v while its running, then start testing continuity on that specific circuit.

Check for corrosion on connections, this will cause voltage drop.

However I see that you stated the motor goes done fine, but wont go up. This is generally a sign of a window motor going bad OR there is significant crud built up in the slides or the rollers. Gravity is assisting the motor going down, but it does help when it goes up. Going up depends on good voltage and good window motor.

If you have the time and you believe the window motor is good. Take out the entire window assembly and clean it spot less. Then re-apply dry graphite lubricant.

Also if it is the original window motor, its well over 20 years old and most likely its time to replace.

ctag

fill it with wires!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My money is that the wires in the door-jamb are broken. Common issue with these civics, but takes some patience to fix.

Edit: on a lot of civics the passenger window switch goes across the car to the module in the driver side door, and then back across to the window motor, hence the wires in the door jamb affecting it even if there's 12V at the switch.