Photo Contest Ideas - Let's hear them!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Seems like some people weren't fond of the last theme. Basically, this is what I envision for photo contests that I will be running: I want to see the creativity you guys are capable of. With that being said, these are the topics I'm trying to stay away from:
  • Pets
  • Palm trees
  • Ocean/Beach
  • Snow
Why? Because not everyone has easy access to them. I want it so everyone can enter every photo contest should they want to. The majority of the mod staff agreed to let previous winners enter in the next photo contest. Furthermore, I want to try to stimulate the creative side of you guys! That's why I chose clocks. When was the last time someone actually took a picture of a clock? Haha. Exactly! I'm trying to offer more abstract ideas to get you to think more and try to be more creative. Does this mean you can't be creative with themes like dogs or cars? Absolutely not.

But if no one is happy, then obviously it'll be hard to get contestants which would put an end to these contests which would be no fun!! So I'd like to hear input from anyone that has the desire to participate in any future photo contests. What would you like to see? I just ask that you take what I said into consideration and give your ideas some more thought before posting them.

:thumbs up

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what about a photo contest of like... road shots, if that makes sense,

like a picture looking down the road, of a intresting road sign or somthing like that,

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Colors, Nighttime, Buildings, People

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
a vip contest, called POST t*** OR GET THE f*** OUT 2012"

and get pics of the best t*** you can find.

and this is a serious comment. it would be incredible

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
a vip contest, called POST t*** OR GET THE f*** OUT 2012"

and get pics of the best t*** you can find.

and this is a serious comment. it would be incredible

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
HDR won't work as photo editing isn't allowed. Shots are supposed to be straight from the camera.
Not only that but not everyone knows how to do HDR. While I imagine you can do it with a P&S, it's much easier on a DSLR, especially one with bracketing. Like I said, to be fair, I want the themes to be something everyone can participate in no matter what. That is unless you're allergic to the sun, stuck in jail, must be 500ft of your house, etc. :lol:.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I vote for a best urban, graffiti style shot. Cause I love that s**t.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn!! I just shot some snow portraits done :(

I vote: city life, people, animals, landscapes, nature, random...

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'd like to see something that requires some thought and creativity, isn't so straightforward or strict, and gives some room for artistic expression

-Nightmares/Fears (Capturing the fears of the photographer)
-Ugly things shot in a beautiful way (Not people.... Grimy, old, decrepit, or gross things shot in a way that views them in a new light)
-Inspiration (Capturing things, people, ideas that inspire the photographer)
-Hobbies (photos related to the photographer's hobbies, not including cars)
-Everyday life (capturing "just another day" in an artistic way)

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I like the ideas. Keep em coming. They will all be considered. Going to try to change things up for you guys and hopefully get more interest!

Decipher

Registered VIP
Hurry up and decide it already... I think I like them all except for beaches or palm trees... none of those around here. Mountains... no problem.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hurry up and decide it already... I think I like them all except for beaches or palm trees... none of those around here. Mountains... no problem.
Mountains won't work either. Just like you don't have beaches/palm trees near by, the people in FL or Iowa don't have mountains near by.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hey guys. Sorry I haven't posted a contest yet. I originally planned on doing it this week but it won't happen til the weekend. It's been a REALLY busy week. I won't get to it til probably Saturday or Sunday.

Bit of a change up this time as well. Hopefully we get more input and interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wanna participate again, cause I have my car so I can go places to find nice spots.